New member with Le Pan TC 970

heikokaftan

Oct 12, 2011
@supersandwich

All the best, man. The company is non existent. I've sent numerous emails to the support link, and to date? Nothing, no reply, nothing.

The tablet does have a great battery life, it is responsive, find a firmware update button/link/applet? Not a chance.

If you find a way to root it, please, post it here?

Cheers and good luck.

I just got my TC970 rooted!!!
Check this out.
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1353951

Just
- Download the windows driver.
- download the superoneclick tc970 version
- plug your tc970 into the usb port of your computer
- install the driver
- run the program

it works.

have usb debugging activated on your TC970.

Good luck

heikokaftan

Oct 12, 2011
Check out Nemus Launcher.
Has similar features like the go launcher but runs really smooth on my Tc970

Sent from my TC970 (Wi-Fi) using Android Tablet Forum

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Heikokaftan, welcome to Android Tablets and to the informal LePan users group as well. Nice to have you join us and thank you for the information you've provided.

heikokaftan

Oct 12, 2011
Hey guys, while rooting and doing all kinds of other testing I messed up something. I need this apk from a tc970: latinime.apk you can find that in /system/app
Would someone be so kind to upload that or send it to me?
Please!!!!

Sent from my TC970 (Wi-Fi) using Android Tablet Forum

exscentric

Nov 25, 2010
Mine came yesterday but I have found two problems already. Any assist would be of great help.

1. I downloaded the new firmware (three times) and it tells me the file is bad. I've tried three sd cards, three downloads, two different sd card formats (fat and fat32) and ALL efforts have ended in bad file error message.

2. The home screen is in landscape and I cannot get it to change, however open an app and it rotates like it is supposed to. Is there a setting somewhere that I've missed.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Sir_Cusfreak

Nov 29, 2011
xda-developers - View Single Post - Root Achieved for Le Pan TC 970

^They made a couple adjustments to the lastest firmware, and it was just uploaded yesterday^

As for the screen, maybe your lock button (small slider on the top) needs to be re-opened...I have had a couple times I had to release the lock and re-lock, but that has worked for me so far. It's mostly been after a re-start. But mine was the other way around...I wanted to lock it so it wouldn't flip, not unlock it so it would. But it's worked on mine.

Last edited:

Stevenr5960

Dec 3, 2011
Are you sure it's not your SD card? I had a similar problem using one in my android phone. My SD card would work fine on my desktop, but the phone would not read it right. I got a different SD card and it works fine now. Might be a similar problem.

fuzzmanks

Nov 27, 2011
xda-developers - View Single Post - Root Achieved for Le Pan TC 970

^They made a couple adjustments to the lastest firmware, and it was just uploaded yesterday^

As for the screen, maybe your lock button (small slider on the top) needs to be re-opened...I have had a couple times I had to release the lock and re-lock, but that has worked for me so far. It's mostly been after a re-start. But mine was the other way around...I wanted to lock it so it wouldn't flip, not unlock it so it would. But it's worked on mine.

I also just received my TC970 a couple days ago. I've not been able to get it to auto-rotate (I do have that turned ON in the Settings). In fact the only time I've seen it display in protrait mode was when I use the TV Guide App. I messed with the HOLD button several times.

I should mention I have not updated the firmware yet.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Steven, welcome to the forum, you're off to a good start. It's not often I see a new member helping out with their first post, usually they're asking for help.:cool: Nice to have you with us here at Android tablets.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Welcome Steven, and like Spider already said nice see you already helping!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited by a moderator:

exscentric

Nov 25, 2010
Got it to work. I finally tried a class 6 sd card rather than the one Le Pan sent or the class 4 I had been trying. It worked fine. Le Pan service mentioned the error would happen when the file was not there or the sd card was absent so I wondered about the sd cards being to slow.

Anyway much happier :)

The rotate is livable but ??? the switch doesn't seem to affect it other than locking apps as it should.

Last edited:

Borvis

Jul 12, 2011
Good Day, I'll be 80 this year and have been working with computers since I was 16 (first mechanical then analog and now digital),
Retired now, my working experience has been with Manufacturing and Test Engineering. My Android equipment consists of 2 E-book readers and 3 7"tablets. When I saw the value/cost of the Le Pan TC 970 I couldn't pass it buy. Should get mine Friday, Can't wait to open it up. I hope to come up with modifications to Ipod attachments. Sure could use a complete schematic only have the 30 pin connector pinout. Hope you don't mind a hardware guy here. Doesn't appear to be blogs for hardware modifiers.

LePan_Fan

Jan 12, 2012
Last week I saw the TC 970 on sale at one of the "deal of the day" sites and decided to do a search on Google for reviews. I was pleasantly surprised to find many positive reviews. I have been looking for the last 6 months for a decent "budget" tablet and when I saw this I jumped on it. Should be getting my Le Pan in the next day or two....I'm psyched!!