New Nook Color/Tablet Coming????

Abb0nz

Dec 31, 2010
Hey Team,

Someone I know who is normally pretty good on true gossip mentioned to me the other day that he read that a new Nook is being released in October. A quick search has found nothing. Anyone else heard about it?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I haven't heard anything yet but it wouldn't surprise me. Particularly now that Microsoft is involved. I'm sure there will be some interesting things coming from that relationship. Much of it will stay the same, at least initially, but you would have to figure it would mean at least continuing to crank out devices on a regular schedule. Maybe after the Google tablets are announced to steal some thunder back?

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
I haven't heard anything yet but it wouldn't surprise me. Particularly now that Microsoft is involved. I'm sure there will be some interesting things coming from that relationship. Much of it will stay the same, at least initially, but you would have to figure it would mean at least continuing to crank out devices on a regular schedule. Maybe after the Google tablets are announced to steal some thunder back?

Hoping they make it easily rootable like the original:)

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
better yet, make it even easier than before. ;)

Unfortunately this hasn't been the trend for them and now that MS is involved probably less likely. My best guess is B&N will get out of the tablet business and back to the e-reader business. That isn't to say that we will loose devices like the NC and NT but that is about as advanced as they will ever get. You don't need much more on the e-reader front and they have lost the competitive advantage of price they held early on. Unless you are a student (I expect to see a focus here) or primarily a reader the Nook brand is not going to have much value in the world of Nexus tablets (full featured Google tablets for around $200). :(

My Nooks aren't going anywhere soon. They are great fun and really broke the barrier for what an Android tablet could be and cost. B&N just doesn't have the guns and isn't in the right business to continue that trend though.

JP

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
AbbOnz was right.....2 good tabkets for Barnes & Noble: Nook Color HD7" and Nook Color HD+. 9". I opened a thread to announce them here on Nook forum....it seems that the forum itself cares only tabout Google tablets or Amazon tablets but not B&N tablets, right Dgstorm?