New Root/Full Working Play Store/Google Apps/Root-Explorer

colinyoung

Nov 30, 2012
A new fully working root package. This WILL install Superuser, Root Explorer, a COMPLETE working Google Play-Store, Chrome, Maps, Working Voice Search and more.
No more missing apps in the store, completely safe to update all Google apps through store. Your tablet at it's BEST.

This works on all Onda Tablets/Firmware and it is to be used once you have installed the latest firmware for your tablet from Onda, if you have just got your tablet and it has the latest firmware already installed (complete with chinese apps) then just use Root Section.

ROOT SECTION

Please make sure you have removed ALL files used during firmware install from sdcard, other files (music/pics etc) are ok, then download the Root Package below -

Root_Gapps_complete.zip

Now open Root_Gapps_complete.zip and copy root.zip and factory_update_param.aml to your sdcard, once done shut down tablet and boot to recovery* the white android will show then the green android, once done the tablet will restart in chinese, go to the settings and change to your language and time zone then go to your apps and you will now see Superuser, Root-Explorer and Chrome etc.. ALL working 100%. Now enjoy your tablet as it should be.

*Recovery - Depending on tablet, Hold HOME-KEY for 4 seconds then still holding home-key, hold POWER-KEY until the white android shows then release BOTH keys. Not all tablets are the same some use the volume/back key instead of home key.

I have a V701. I tried this procedure but I haven't got it to work. I have a couple questions.

Should the root folder be extracted before I put it put it on the SD card?

What should happen when I intiate the recovery boot?
Each time I tried to enter the recovery it appeared to be entering the recovery (because the android with his chest open and reactor showing appeared) but when the status bar filled the white android appeared right away and it just continued to boot normally. Should I not have the SD card inserted when the recovery is loading?

Thanks
Colin

vortgrenade4

Nov 14, 2012
I think I did something wrong. Now my tablet is not functioning. What I mean is that every time I switch it on it only stays on the "Onda" logo and just stays there. I tried to go to recovery mode but it seems that I can't do it. :( Can you please help me? Or is my tablet bricked already?

* I've read about re-flashing a tablet with a PC? Can someone teach me how? I think that is the solution?

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
I have a V701. I tried this procedure but I haven't got it to work. I have a couple questions.

Should the root folder be extracted before I put it put it on the SD card?

What should happen when I intiate the recovery boot?
Each time I tried to enter the recovery it appeared to be entering the recovery (because the android with his chest open and reactor showing appeared) but when the status bar filled the white android appeared right away and it just continued to boot normally. Should I not have the SD card inserted when the recovery is loading?

Thanks
Colin

Don't extract the root folder, On your sdcard should be root.zip and factory_update_param.aml, the factory_update_param.aml MUST be the one from the Root_Gapps_complete file, make sure its charged, shut down with sdcard IN, then boot to recovery, it is a auto installer and works 100%, i have done over 30 v701s with this file. The white driod will show then green droid, then when status bar complete, white droid will show and tablet will start, then check your apps for Superuser/root explorer.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
I think I did something wrong. Now my tablet is not functioning. What I mean is that every time I switch it on it only stays on the "Onda" logo and just stays there. I tried to go to recovery mode but it seems that I can't do it. :( Can you please help me? Or is my tablet bricked already?

* I've read about re-flashing a tablet with a PC? Can someone teach me how? I think that is the solution?

Charge your tablet for about 20 mins, make sure its completely shut down with sdcard in, on sdcard you should have the following files -

update.zip - patch.zip - factory_update_param.aml

the factory_update_param.aml MUST be the one from the download link in the firmware section, then boot to recovery.

Which firmware are you on?

gargamel

Dec 3, 2012
Hi iiDiabolusZz My problem persist... I cannot update from your previous guide of 1.5.5 to v2.0. I put in sdcard update.zip - patch.zip - factory_update_param.aml and after a few second with the white android appears the green android 2 second and then.... $DSC_0015.JPG

I try a lot of times but dont work. What can i do?
Thx

EDIT The problem has been resolved. Sorry. The sd was bad. I change it and all works properly. Thx for your job and help!

Last edited:

vortgrenade4

Nov 14, 2012
I tried what you said, and it worked at some point. It is having an error after the update same on the photo above me, though the difference is that mine says installing patch aborted and media partition failed something like that. and when I rebooted it, it went to factory default without the chinese apps. I wish to install those apps as what you have said, it contains important files. Is there anything I can do more? or should i just proceed to rooting? Or could you just teach me to update using the old way to reflash and install the chinese apps? without using the .aml file , i think v712s are having problem with this process.

mine is ICS 4.0.3 BB 1.5.5

Last edited:

Csucsu11

Dec 11, 2012
Thank you. I have upgraded to 1.5.5 but all the chines stuff is there plus the Chrome and Play Shop are not working.

I have the same problem on V712. The problem may comes from the fact it cannot set to sync google account. Tried to reinstall google framework, but didn't help.

colinyoung

Nov 30, 2012
Don't extract the root folder, On your sdcard should be root.zip and factory_update_param.aml, the factory_update_param.aml MUST be the one from the Root_Gapps_complete file, make sure its charged, shut down with sdcard IN, then boot to recovery, it is a auto installer and works 100%, i have done over 30 v701s with this file. The white driod will show then green droid, then when status bar complete, white droid will show and tablet will start, then check your apps for Superuser/root explorer.

Thanks. I see the superuser and the root explorer now. Is there something I have to change because when I try to use Play Store it says Server Error Retry and when I try chrome beta it says Unfortunately, Chrome Beta has been stopped.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
I tried what you said, and it worked at some point. It is having an error after the update same on the photo above me, though the difference is that mine says installing patch aborted and media partition failed something like that. and when I rebooted it, it went to factory default without the chinese apps. I wish to install those apps as what you have said, it contains important files. Is there anything I can do more? or should i just proceed to rooting? Or could you just teach me to update using the old way to reflash and install the chinese apps? without using the .aml file , i think v712s are having problem with this process.

mine is ICS 4.0.3 BB 1.5.5

Hi, the problem installing patch, i am not sure about as that is a Onda file it should install without problems,are you using the correct firmware V1/V2? that could be the only reason the patch file is not working? since you have it at factory without chinese apps then download this file Onda_ICS.zip - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com

Take ONLY the patch.zip file and put it as is on your sdcard, ignore the factory.aml file and make sure you have no other factory.aml file on sdcard, then boot to recovery and in the menu choose apply update from sdcard, then choose the patch.zip file.
Please let me no how this goes so i can work on it, it contains all the codecs etc you need.

Last edited:

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Thanks. I see the superuser and the root explorer now. Is there something I have to change because when I try to use Play Store it says Server Error Retry and when I try chrome beta it says Unfortunately, Chrome Beta has been stopped.

Did you install the JB update and patch files from onda then run the root file? or are you still on 4.0.3?