New Root/Full Working Play Store/Google Apps/Root-Explorer

zali

Dec 10, 2012
Thank you. I have upgraded to 1.5.5 but all the chines stuff is there plus the Chrome and Play Shop are not working.

I have done the following and it solved the Play Store problem on my V712, however, the chrome still not working.

Gapps.rar

Then follow this -

open Gapps.zip, inside is a folder called Gapps copy this to your sdcard, once done goto Root Explorerand grant SuperUser permissions, now in Root Explorer go down to sdcard and press then go down to external sdcard and press now open the Gapps folder you will see a list of apps. In the top right of screen is menu button press and select Multi-Select and then press select all and then copy, now press the back arrow (bottom left) 3 times and then go down to system and press now press app, you can now press paste, wait for it to finish and then switch tablet off and restart, your PlayStore etc will now be working and you can remove the file from sdcard.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
I have done the following and it solved the Play Store problem on my V712, however, the chrome still not working.

Gapps.rar

Then follow this -

open Gapps.zip, inside is a folder called Gapps copy this to your sdcard, once done goto Root Explorerand grant SuperUser permissions, now in Root Explorer go down to sdcard and press then go down to external sdcard and press now open the Gapps folder you will see a list of apps. In the top right of screen is menu button press and select Multi-Select and then press select all and then copy, now press the back arrow (bottom left) 3 times and then go down to system and press now press app, you can now press paste, wait for it to finish and then switch tablet off and restart, your PlayStore etc will now be working and you can remove the file from sdcard.

Yes this is one of my old guides, it does get playstore working but you will have missing apps in the market, chrome will not work on 1.5.5 using this file as it needs the latest permissions from google.

zali

Dec 10, 2012
Yes this is one of my old guides, it does get playstore working but you will have missing apps in the market, chrome will not work on 1.5.5 using this file as it needs the latest permissions from google.

so how i can update my v712? and without chines apps pls......

vortgrenade4

Nov 14, 2012
Hi, the problem installing patch, i am not sure about as that is a Onda file it should install without problems,are you using the correct firmware V1/V2? that could be the only reason the patch file is not working? since you have it at factory without chinese apps then download this file Onda_ICS.zip - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com

Take ONLY the patch.zip file and put it as is on your sdcard, ignore the factory.aml file and make sure you have no other factory.aml file on sdcard, then boot to recovery and in the menu choose apply update from sdcard, then choose the patch.zip file.
Please let me no how this goes so i can work on it, it contains all the codecs etc you need.

Yes I'm using tje correct one. Nope, I didn't have it at factory without the chinese apps. The chinese were removed when I reflash my tablet following your previous tutorials weeks ago. will now try what you have suggest.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Now the google play works, but it's really really slow, almost useless, and google talk and chrome's quitting instantly after launch.

Chrome does not work with the 1.5.5 firmware, i dont understand what you mean by google play being slow, downloading apps or ??

vortgrenade4

Nov 14, 2012
I think the .aml has a problem with v712s. I just tried to re-flash mine, i just put the update.zip and the .aml file and still I'm getting the same errors. Unlike when I tried to reflash my tablet with the old way it went smooth without errors.

update: I installed the patch.zip file you have me installed. It didn't install the chinese apps but it installed maps, playstore, root explorer and superuser. I guess mine is rooted now? is it ok already?

Csucsu11

Dec 11, 2012
Chrome does not work with the 1.5.5 firmware, i dont understand what you mean by google play being slow, downloading apps or ??

After opening play store, most of tiles are grey, and app icons does not load, it can't start downloading them, errors many times with timeout and such. But sometimes it speeds up, and works perfectly.
Tomorrow I try it on an other wifi network, may it doesn't like mine, it's a bit tricky.

vortgrenade4

Nov 14, 2012
looks like it won't really install the chinese apps from the patch file i downloaded because they were not really included.hehe but my playstore is now working, i can install google chrome now unlike before it is not compatible and all other apps that were not compatible from the playstore are now compatible. :) though voice search is still not working

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
looks like it won't really install the chinese apps from the patch file i downloaded because they were not really included.hehe but my playstore is now working, i can install google chrome now unlike before it is not compatible and all other apps that were not compatible from the playstore are now compatible. :) though voice search is still not working

I took out all the chinese apps, chrome and voice dont work on the 1.5.5 firmware but JB 2.0 is due out for your tablet keep checking onda as they are flying through the updates.

dikman

Dec 13, 2012
First post. Just received my V701 this morning. Not bad for a "cheapie" even seems to have a screen protector already fitted. I wanted to delete all the Chinese apps, but couldn't figure out how to remove them, so just disabled them under "manage apps". Not ideal, as I'd rather they weren't taking up memory. Then I found this forum, and the update you've provided, so I promptly installed it. By the way, mine is a November build and has firmware 1.5, although there's mention of 1.5.5(?) which I couldn't find anywhere.

So, a couple of questions, if you don't mind. After installing it, I still see the Chinese apps as "disabled" under "manage apps". Should it have gotten rid of them altogether?
If I want to update to jellybean, I assume it will wipe out everything I've just done? Do I then just run your programme again, or isn't it that simple?

Sorry if they're basic questions, but this hacking of tablets is all new to me!

And thanks for taking the time to make these tablets into a better machine :cool:.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
First post. Just received my V701 this morning. Not bad for a "cheapie" even seems to have a screen protector already fitted. I wanted to delete all the Chinese apps, but couldn't figure out how to remove them, so just disabled them under "manage apps". Not ideal, as I'd rather they weren't taking up memory. Then I found this forum, and the update you've provided, so I promptly installed it. By the way, mine is a November build and has firmware 1.5, although there's mention of 1.5.5(?) which I couldn't find anywhere.

So, a couple of questions, if you don't mind. After installing it, I still see the Chinese apps as "disabled" under "manage apps". Should it have gotten rid of them altogether?
If I want to update to jellybean, I assume it will wipe out everything I've just done? Do I then just run your programme again, or isn't it that simple?

Sorry if they're basic questions, but this hacking of tablets is all new to me!

And thanks for taking the time to make these tablets into a better machine :cool:.

Hi, welcome to the forums, follow the guide both sections, this is the link for Jb 4.1.1 http://file2.mydrivers.com/ondata/download/driver/oamp3/V701D/V701D_v2.0-SD.zip
Download that then follow guide, it will install everything including chinese apps then root section will root it and rid it of all the chinese apps and get playstore working.