New Superpad User!!!

atriad

Apr 30, 2011
Heya Androidtablets.net

New user, first post...blah blah blah...

Ordered a Superpad 10.2 the other day, anxiously awaiting its arrival. Android Phone user (Samsung Epic).

Very used to linux/android, rooted the phone, yet not messing with ROMS, unofficial software/etc due to the fact I can't lose contacts, phone info, call logs, messages, etc...(phone is used for business)

Got a tablet so I can mess with this stuff without worrying of losing phone data.

Will I be able to throw SWYPE Keyboard on the device? What about Samsungs display manager? Upgrade to 2.2? (I have seen some success on here/xda in some searches, would love to get a native flash update).

Well I can't wait to mess with this thing, at US$170 you can't go wrong with these things, who cares for multi-touch and bluetooth (I own 0 BT devices, and multitouch would be nice, but I can deal).

Can't wait to test unofficial updates/roms/etc...

Paul

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
We are currently working on 2.2 and are trying to get it perfect before a huge release. Maybe incremental releases. If you would like to help me translate the instructions that come with it to standard English, that would help because I want to get these instructions to be THE DEFINITIVE instructions that are for the SuperPAD

roja.romans

May 4, 2011
I wouldn't get the iPad right now, it is reaching the end of it's lifecycle (released almost a year ago, updated on a yearly schedule), so wait until the new one comes out and reevaluate. And the FlyPad II/SuperPad thing seems really sketchy.

atriad

Apr 30, 2011
So I got my SuperPAD today. Seems nice, haven't taken the shiny plastic off yet, though. Looks like a cheap ipad, just as I thought it would. I like the two memory slots, just put 2 cards I had lying around in it. A 4 and 8. It came running 2.2! It has pre-installed flash 10.1 can't find 10.2 on the market. I also am not fond of the ES Task manager it comes with. I did install launcher pro, and I like it more than that stupid iphone/ipad looking interface. Would like to get Samsungs UI on there, but I wouldn't know the first thing regarding changing your shell (provided it'll even work on this resolution). Swype will not work on 1024x600 either. Although I guess dragging your fingers across 8 inches of real estate sucks....

I am a little upset that android won't see Ad-hoc networks, and feel I need to root this to run the wpa_supplicant fix.

I haven't seen any posts regarding these devices showing up with 2.2, other than a FT3, yet that only has one sd slot. Anyone know what model this is? BTW this model says its a SAWEE10.

Would I continue to use z4root for this? I do not like the fact I can't connect to my Samsung Epic via Ad-hoc. Or is there a better way to root 2.2?

----

Three more gripes I have, hoping there is a way to fix this:

After not using the device (maybe after 10-15 mins) it turns off, requiring me to hold down the power key to start it back up. I like that it saves battery, but it kills a minute or so when I want to use it.

Wireless Seems to cut out shortly after connecting to a network.

And I can get into the G-Sensor Calibration, crashes every time.

Anyone else have these issues?

Thanks,

Paul

Last edited:

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
Dang you got lucky! 2.2 preinstalled makes things easier.

Sent from my SuperPAD using Android Tablet Forum

Appychappy

Jan 24, 2011
you have to charge it up overnight before it will run anything
It may be cheap but the quality is good.
Lucky you , you got 2.2, I'm still waiting for google upgrade.