New to Android

Beryl

Sep 17, 2012
I currently have a new 64GB iPad but I desire a 7" tablet for reading and light gaming. My iPhone 4S is too small and the iPad is too large when I'm out and about and in church. I'm contemplating the purchase of a 7" Android tablet and currently 2 are being considered - Nexus 7 and the Amazon Fire. I'm an Amazon Prime customer so the latter is appealing for the occasional movie streaming. I only need a 16 GB tablet and I can wait for a newer OS if that is a better idea.

The only experience I have with Android devices is the purchase of 2 Chinese tablets for my niece and nephew which lasted less than 2 months. Mishandling by the minors made have caused them to break. This the reason I bought cheap ones.

I've read articles comparing the Nexus 7 and Fire but since the new Fire was released, I'm interested in updated opinions. I've been scouring threads here and having found a direct comparison. Any opinions are welcomed.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Beryl, welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. The best place on the forum for "shopping" information and recommendations is the Android Tablet Discussions section. I'm going to move your thread over there for you so folks can discuss your tablet requirements with you and hopefully make some suggestions. Good luck!