New to the World of Tablets

chris_d877

Apr 17, 2012
Hi, I'm new to android tablets and am a little puzzled by them if I'm honest :confused:. I'm reasonably competent with a P.C., but these things are a mystery to me, hence why I came to join this site.
I bought what sounded like a decent spec tablet from china, an Eken M007 with dual core via 800mhz processor, 2gb expandable internal storage, 8 inch touch screen, android 2.2, etc., only to find it runs slower than my old 386 pc back in the early nineties, with jerky graphics, and forever freezing up.
I'm sure the O.S. is a hooky one, and Eken don't seem to list this model for updates.
As for the touch screen, a better description would be "poke it repeatedly until something happens" screen.
Oh well, not to worry, I'm sure I'll find posts here that will help in sorting it out, and look forward to an educational experience!:D

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Chris, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. If/when you have a problem or a question, the Android Tablet Q&A section would be the place to go. Just click that link and you'll be there.