Next4 (10.1") coming to HSN

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
B1040491002.jpg

Product Specifications:
Operating system: android 2.2 or above
Panel: 10.1-inch capacitive panel (1,024 x 768 pixels)
Video: 1,080p
Wi-Fi: 802.11b,g,n blue, green and red
G-sensor/USB host/HDMI®
3G/camera (optional)

Next4 released by NextbookUSA, parent company EFUN, OEM Yifang Digital Technology Co. Ltd

RK29xx Cortex A8 1.2GHz (800MHz) if not clocked down to save on the battery)
3D GPU to Play Angry Birds.
rockchip-rk29xx.jpg

Pricing on HSN estimated at $349.99 not adding in tax, shipping or payments

CES Video of Next4
http://www.youtube.com/v/cAmYwxxTFaA

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Well this is at least interesting... Still no faith in Rockchip though :D

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Flash had worked in Elocity A7 with this one above my issue is build quality and how will it be supported. Even on the OEM site there doesn't seem to be much firmware for none of they're tables.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I am more concerned about price. Pricing this thing equal to Tegra 2 is stupid since this is just a single core Cortex A8.

Rockchip also has a history of pirating Google apps on SDK builds, so I don't expect them to get much attention from Google.

Only people who were at CES could tell me if this thing is mature at all.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
Interesting price... it's very close to my predicted $299.99 price that I think quite a lot of tablets will be hitting in 2011. I'm sure by June it will be that price :)

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
I am more concerned about price. Pricing this thing equal to Tegra 2 is stupid since this is just a single core Cortex A8.

Rockchip also has a history of pirating Google apps on SDK builds, so I don't expect them to get much attention from Google.

Next3 is single core and with the hardware issues has made it a failure. Next4, Next5, Next6, Next7 and yes all planned for this years. Next5 has Wi-Fi Pen base so whatever you doodle or write down on pad it will be sent to the main 7" tablet. Next6 suppose to have GPS, 3G, Camera an etc. But price is already been said. I'll be doing a full review Next3 before I send it back I got my Pre-paid UPS label from HSN today but and the darn Next3 did it again crashes Browser. Only way to fix that was to do a factory reset. Board R28xxx, MPU is 600MHz + DSP 550MHz is how that one is slated. Next4 and the rest won't have GE on it so just something to think about. CTS panel and other features should keep the price low. HSN could release this for $299.99 just have to wait an see. Other player in this game is Maylong with the M250 Android OS 2.2, I hope they don't use the next Gen of VIA MW86xx that's only 800MHz, with 512MB of RAM, 3D/GPU.

Last edited:

InFamoUs

Dec 27, 2010

I highly agree with your statement I dont see them getting much attention from google at all due to piracy habits

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Might have better luck with ACER, Panasonic, AOC since they're more a Computer/Monitor company than some newbie division of a company that sells MP3/MP4/DVD players. But the key is support for the device. Price is second. Third Quality. Don't want to buy a tablet then in 20 days you start to have issues with it. A lot of these new companies don't even have good CS in place yet.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Update out in March 2011, but the Next4 has been plagued by an abundance of performance issues, including random reboots and lots of navigational lag has been reported. I've sent back my Next3 as defective. At no cost to me doing so. Next4 seems to be plagued by the same problems of the Next3.