NookColor Honeycomb Rooted

WenWM

Sep 21, 2010

After being one of the first devices to receive Android 3.0 Honeycomb… the Nook color has already been rooted. The Barnes and Noble Nook Color, became rooted today, by some Xda-developers. The device can now use applications like 'Super user' and others that need root access to function properly. While the process to root it right now isn’t the easiest in the world, it’s the first process that can handle it, so hopefully it will be refined soon.

Anyone in the forum managed to get Honeycomb on their Nook? Share your experience below.

Source (Honeycomb on Nook Color rooted | Android Central)
Xda (xda-developers - View Single Post - Android 3.0 Honeycomb Image v03 (02/05/2011))

Last edited by a moderator:

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Great news now more fun things to try. I'm running Honeycomb on wife's NC from 8G SDHC when she's not reading a book (what it was intended). Most difficult part of setup was finding a card reader to support SDHC then realizing needed win32diskimager-RELEASE-0.1-r15-win32 NOT version win32diskimager-RELEASE-0.2-r23-win32 to burn image. Next lesson learned was while adb works on my XP setup, some applications require install -l versus push to install properly. Also, some apps don't show in Market due to build.prop fingerprint. Overall, it's making me think of either getting another NC or wait till another mid-range tablet surfaces running HC. Not interested in 10" device, 7" fits my need for portable but readable device. I see no need to bother with Froyo or Gingerbread with a semi-workable HC solution.