Old guy but new to forum

Reputationist

Aug 8, 2011
My soon to be wife and I just bought the Galaxies (Tablet 7"). Our idea was that by using Google talk we could cut down on our phone expense with Verizon. So I decided to join this forum to see if I could pick up helpful hints to that end.

We are both in our 60's so some of this gadget stuff slips by us. We also have convinced several of our friends that using the Galaxy is a good move. Here too I hope to find reassurance from you folks that I have done the right thing.

Reputationist

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Welcome to the forum Reputationist, glad you could join us here

Reputationist

Aug 8, 2011
I see that there is a goodly number of you (moderators) I'm glad. I do have a question for you - in the past has the subject of using Galaxy Tab's being used as regular phones been very prominent on this forum and if so could you direct me to either a thread or a person that has worked some of the issues?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I'd say the Samsung Galaxy Tab section would be the best place to check. Just click the link. Also, in the upper right corner of each forum page there is a search box you can use to search the forum for specific topics.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
I see that there is a goodly number of you (moderators) I'm glad. I do have a question for you - in the past has the subject of using Galaxy Tab's being used as regular phones been very prominent on this forum and if so could you direct me to either a thread or a person that has worked some of the issues?

For galaxy tab there a lot of options

- use skype with for free calls skype to skype or for as little as $3 a month call phones
- sign up with google voice and get a phone number then install groove ip on the tab. Now you have a phone

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk