Onda v712 stuck on black screen in center white android

HandyAndy

Mar 15, 2014
Hello, :)

I live in Canada. Bought this tablet off the net....The Onda tablet is stuck on the white Android in middle of an all black screen... when I plug tablet into USB in my laptop it does nothing and does not seem to recognise it. I had already downloaded firmware from the original Onda Site (which is in Chinese language) I had contacted support and they sent me the following links:

For updated firmware ,please check here : ONDA.cn

For updated firmware guide , please check here Onda Android 4.0 Tablet PC News - Onda A31 Quad Core Android Tablet Firmware Update Guide

I have tried and do not understand on how about do I get the Phoenix Suit Packet they talk about in the guide which is the first step to do...what is wrong with the tablet and what do we do to fix it ??? have tried everything from pressing home button, the on button and home button together ....even reset and home together ...nothing to tell me how to install the firmware and it is even on a micro SD chip is inserted in the tablet

RobV

Mar 10, 2014
The instructions are excellent. Basically on your computer, go to link download ROM save to computer - uncompress that file, save on computer (note location) you will need these files exactly as uncompressed... NEXT click on the DL link in the message, install software and run program .... From there read along the message instructions - included with the red circled pict-o-gram. The orig. instructions are in Chinese . make sure to thank this guy .. Short recap: DL ROM file, uncompress . DL program file from included link- start program connect tab ( confirm USB cable working ) the program will install driver for device.... Ask for location of ROM specific file name ( uncompressed file folder location ) follow the pic-o-grams instructions ... Please confirm your tab is an A31 quad core processor - as the printed link info does not specify v7xx series. Could simply be v712 is A31 CPU and uses the existing software ... The instructions you list. ... 10 minutes maybe 12
Hope that helps

Sent from my V975m Core4 using Tapatalk

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi HandyAndy, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Onda Tablet Forum for you, where more people familiar with that tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!