PDF to ePub

Delaney64

Dec 27, 2010
I have a few PDF files that I would like to convert into ePub format So i may use aldiko or laputa eBook reader on my mid 7015. I tried calibre and it just screwed up the file completely. Is there any sort of reliable converter out there?

Trish

Jan 16, 2011
I'm in the same predicament, I just bought my tablet today to use as an ebook reader and pdf magazine reader. Researching options now for pdf, I too have Calibre on desktop and agree the pdf to epub conversions are not that great at all.

Last edited:

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
Why would you do that? Just root it and install Adobe Reader.

Trish

Jan 16, 2011
I have saved the Adobe Reader to my desktop, however I'm unable to find or download a file browser to be able to reach the install file. I've only had the tablet abt 10 hours so far so haven't gotten to the root conversion yet but have the instructions saved. I just had success with Calibre though in converting a pdf to epub in Calibre, it seems to work if there's not alot of graphics or nice page layout.

Delaney64

Dec 27, 2010
I dont feel like getting a different application just so I can read something. I already have two which are capable I am just wondering if there is some sort of converter.Maybe the pdf file was bad when I converted it with calibre.

bronx_kyros

Jan 11, 2011
No need to root device for Adobe Reader. I was able to install Reader by setting my device to 'debug' mode and using an app called FILE MANAGER. File manager will install 'outside' party apps...my Adobe Reader works fine...no rooting done.

BKenney

Dec 10, 2010
Calibre ebook manager. Its free and it converts all types of files for use on mobile devices.

I use it for converting my ebooks so I can read them in aldiko (I personally like the interface better than Kindle).

Works great with PDFs!

Sent from my MID7015 using Android Tablet Forum App

Trish

Jan 16, 2011
Was able to install the Adobe Reader by getting a file browser on the pad. AppsLib finally worked for me. I like the Alkido reader for epub, but wanted also to view my pdf magazines and files. The Adobe seems kinda glitchy (it might be just me) I wish Foxit would put out something for this.

brunowarne

Mar 24, 2011
I have not used any converter to convert PDF files to epub files but I have searched for you a new software which can covert your files. Try it download.cnet.com/PDF-to-ePub-Converter/3000-20412_4-75115614.html I think, it's working fine......

kids puzzle games

ytlee

Aug 8, 2011
No need to root device for Adobe Reader. I was able to install Reader by setting my device to 'debug' mode and using an app called FILE MANAGER. File manager will install 'outside' party apps...my Adobe Reader works fine...no rooting done.

A link to download the Adobe Reader is greatly appreciated.

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
Using your PC you can download the latest version of Adobe reader from Adobe at
Adobe - Adobe Reader download - All versions
On their web site just select
System=Android
Language={choice of 6}
Version=10.0.2 (only choice)
This downloads an apk - I just open copy the file to the Coby and use AndExplorer to click on the file and install it.
I just tried using the Coby at the Adobe site and it could not do the download - easy enough to do it with the PC and copy it over.

zacmodas

Aug 31, 2011
hey guys, here is somehing i did and works great:
convert your book to .epub with calibre, and then open the epub file with this program "Sigil" (link), for those who have problems with the book chapters, you can easily fix it with this software!