Phone Number and Address in Documents

Music

Feb 5, 2011
Is it possible to put an address or a phone number in a text document, and have it recognized by the OS? That way you could have a database of notes, such as Note Everything Pro, and store your vacation or travel notes for hotels, places to visit and such.

I tried an experiment on a hotel's web page, tapping a phone number and I tried to select an address, but I only got the usual select & copy menus.

Is there an application that could do those kinds of things? There are few or no apps for android devices that can store your travel details. I used Trip Boss on my Palm PC, but they only care iPhone users.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Colornote. I've routinely put telephone numbers and email addresses into that app and they end up being recognized by the OS.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
using All-in-One Organizer, which is great because you can record voice, photos, import text or PDF, etc. I'm trying to get the developer to add support for stuff like phone numbers and addresses, but he thinks the OS should recognize phone numbers and addresses. A decent travel manager should do that too, but there aren't any.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
I'm using Note Everything Pro too. Does that help any?

Music

Feb 5, 2011
I figured out why Note Everything Pro wasn't working with phone numbers & e-mail addresses- You gotta long-Tap!

So now I am able to do a few things, but activate a map address, in Note Everything Pro. I contacted the developer, but he has new twins, so he is slightly pre-occupied for a little while.