Please read before flashing roms!!!!!!

KendraPlanet

Dec 17, 2011
If you Flashed a rom and your wifi doesn't work than the 8188 at the end would have been overwritten. This is just a way to tell what rom you need before you "error" the wifi. If you have an "error" wifi flash the rom Meepinator posted. It should repair the wifi and add the 8188 at the end. It will return the tablet to stock. A rooted Rom is already finished Meep is testing it.

Mmmm ... maybe I'll wait.

The only thing I saw Meep post was realtekcraig738b.img with the comment of "this should error my WiFi."

I think what you're saying is I'd only be returning the unit to factory specs anyway instead of the rooted (w/Android Market) version with WiFi.

Forgive me (LOL) - I'm a tech support agent (mainly Windows-based issues) but an Android noob.

I'll wait a little while longer. BTW, you guys are awesome.

vdubbus77

Nov 29, 2011
Mmmm ... maybe I'll wait.

The only thing I saw Meep post was realtekcraig738b.img with the comment of "this should error my WiFi."

I think what you're saying is I'd only be returning the unit to factory specs anyway instead of the rooted (w/Android Market) version with WiFi.

Forgive me (LOL) - I'm a tech support agent (mainly Windows-based issues) but an Android noob.

I'll wait a little while longer. BTW, you guys are awesome.

If you are rooted and your wifi works you don't need this.
If you are rooted and you wifi doesn't work you need this.

This is only for people who have "error" on their wifi after rooting.

BTW I said "this should error my wifi"

KendraPlanet

Dec 17, 2011
Holy smokes. IT WORKED.

My WiFi is BACK!!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

My mouth is literally hanging open in shock. Wow.

The only thing "odd" so far is it's a little sluggish and ignoring the "back" arrow. I'll reboot a few times and re-calibrate the touch screen. If it stays sluggish, that I can at least deal with.

Last edited:

m3red

Oct 19, 2011
Correct :)

We found the problem. Craig CMP738B used 2 different WiFi hardware in the model of tablets.

shanda1220

Jan 2, 2012
Thanks and another question... what if you don' have access to a pc? Is there a way that you can do the process from the tablet alone? (Sorry, complete noob here lol)

meepinator

Jan 1, 2012
Thanks and another question... what if you don' have access to a pc? Is there a way that you can do the process from the tablet alone? (Sorry, complete noob here lol)

Using the method in the beginning of this thread, you can almost do it without access to a pc, you'd just need to get the file onto the SD card.

shanda1220

Jan 2, 2012
Lol... thanks Meep... I 'm actually still having difficulty downloading the rom on my p.o.s desktop... And one more question (sorry...), how do i transfer the rom from the c: drive?

meepinator

Jan 1, 2012
Lol... thanks Meep... I 'm actually still having difficulty downloading the rom on my p.o.s desktop... And one more question (sorry...), how do i transfer the rom from the c: drive?

No problem.

The easiest way would just be to transfer the file onto your microSD card with a card reader, but if you don't have one of those, you can still connect your tablet to your pc and transfer it over that way.

To do it the second way:

Insert the SD card into the tablet.
Make sure USB HOST mode (Settings > USB Mode Select > HOST MODE) is off.
Connect the tablet with the supplied USB cable to your PC.
On the tablet, make sure that it turns on USB Storage.
After giving it a second to connect, it should have created 2 instances of itself in your My Computer. One of those is the internal storage of the tablet, and the other is the SD card.
Assuming that the names of mine are similar, the internal storage is named "ROCK-CHIPS", and the SD card is named "Removable Disk". You are going to want to place the update.img on the "Removable Disk".
It's recommended that you use an empty SD card for this, so you may want to backup the files that are one the one you are going to use.

Also, if for some reason when you try to access the "Removable Disk" and it asks you to insert something there; on the tablet, go to Settings > SD card & device storage, and press mount SD card.

Hope that answers any questions, if not, lemme know.

Last edited:

buncharoses

Jan 5, 2012
Thanks a lot Meep the realtekcraig738b.img file has restored the wifi feature on my tablet. Let us know as soon as you have a root for the tablets like mine with the realtek hardware. You are Awesome!

Last edited: