[POLL] How Often Do You Reboot Your Device?

edap

Dec 12, 2012
I do the exact same thing and for the same reason. And, not because, as stated above in a previous post, "a device that requires regular rebooting is simply a poorly designed device."

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Is that a record? Maybe a screenshot would be in order

Unless someone can beat it, I guess it is the record. (Now 1,667 hours and it's not over yet)

$13-11-16-1.png

Natey2

May 25, 2012
I use it quite a bit, but I never turn it off. I just let it sleep with the WiFi turned off.:eek:
That seems to be the key to extending battery life between charges.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

edap

Dec 12, 2012
I haven't turned my WiFi off since I purchased my tablet, almost a year ago. Is that also some kind of record, maybe?

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
That's what I have been wondering. I have just been powering it off at night, charging it and then powering it back on in the morning. I am sure there are benefits to not shutting down and I also wonder if the same thing applies to laptops.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I just turn my tablet off. What's the difference?

If you hold the power switch in and power off the tablet, there is no difference. If you just tap the switch and put the tablet in sleep mode the WiFi radio will continue to put an additional drain on your battery and you'll have to charge the tablet more often.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I am sure there are benefits to not shutting down and I also wonder if the same thing applies to laptops.

The benefit is that you don't have to go through the entire boot process every time you want to use the tablet/laptop/desktop. On my devices that's 30 seconds for a tablet and a minute or so for a laptop/desktop. Just to check the TV Guide, the weather, or the local gas prices etc. no thanks. I never shut down my tablet and I only restart my laptop/desktop if the update Tuesday updates require it in order to record the updates in the registry on disk.

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
I like that, sleep without the hard key. I use quick boot from the playstore for reboot and shutdown with no hard keys.

The longest my 7042 has gone without reboot is about a month, 32+ days. Didn't plan it, it just happened. The only time I shut down is when the battery is under 50% and not near a charge.

I never used to sleep my desktop, but over time, evolved into using it frequently. Now its set to sleep after an hour. Like you mentioned, I only reboot when installing.