[POLL] How Often Do You Reboot Your Device?

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Thanks for the toggle widget, Spider! Very cool! You will recall that awhile ago I questioned why my battery only charged to 96% since updating to Jellybean. Toggling off the Wi-Fi, and not powering down, it now charges to a full 100%!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Toggling off the Wi-Fi, and not powering down, it now charges to a full 100%!

Very nice JB, now you'll be able to read an extra chapter to Tiki and the bear before the battery runs down.:rolleyes:

Natey2

May 25, 2012
I just turn my tablet off. What's the difference?

Rebooting takes longer than waking up a tablet.
Rebooting triggers all the auto-start apps again each time; I often manually kill some auto-start apps *once* after startup.
The real annoying ones will restart themselves after a kill. Linux apps don't usually do this.

My initial goal in never powering off my 2012 Nexus 7 was to see how long it could run before flaking out. This tablet is just awesome :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Natey2

May 25, 2012
I currently have over 3100 hours (130 days) of continuous system uptime on my 2012 Nexus 7:
suhajuby.jpg

zura4u5e.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Wow! A new record. Keep going Google!!! Glad to see that you were able to identify and eliminate those mysterious reboot occurrences.

Last edited:

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Thanks for the toggle widget, Spider! Very cool! You will recall that awhile ago I questioned why my battery only charged to 96% since updating to Jellybean. Toggling off the Wi-Fi, and not powering down, it now charges to a full 100%!

"Lithium-ion does not need to be fully charged; a partial charge is better." See, http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_lithium_ion_batteries

Natey2

May 25, 2012
A little over 5000 hours of System Uptime now.
This 2012 Nexus 7 is almost like a Server. Lol!
(I hope I didn't jinx it by saying that..)

azy3ypym.jpg

y9emyte3.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Excellent! I am only at 144. I wonder how many other members went and checked. :)

HaroldG

Feb 20, 2012
Excellent! I am only at 144. I wonder how many other members went and checked. :)

I reboot my Nexus 7 FHD about once weekly, in conjunction with a weekly adb backup. Otherwise, I would probably never have to do so. It's precisely what "perfect" Android is. On the other hand, I reboot my Transformer TF300T and HTC Rezound a few times a week (including a weekly nandroid for each).

Beamed from the holodeck of my Nexus 7 FHD.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
The Nook Tablet in my profile was purchased the first week of February in 2012. It was turned on then, 17,500+ hours ago and NEVER rebooted. It's mainly used about an hour a day for book reading and about once a week to d/l more books. Unfortunately, it's completely stock and the only apps on it are those it came with and those that are available through the Nook app store. AFAIK, none of which can display the up time, so I have no proof. It's actually my wife's tablet, and I'm not allowed to make any "improvements" to it.:(

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Yikes! Mine gets shut down when we go on trips. Do you have any concern that Nook will go the way of Sony?

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Amazon has free books every day. You should sign up for Ereader News Today. Also, Mobilereads is a good forum.