Post your Augen gentouch Software setups here!

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
ah, that is the most info i've seen on launcher pro yet. The backup feature sounds extremely handy, especially with the rate i've been nuking my gt at. I'll definitely check it out. Thanks!

-mb

m.b..... If you're looking for a true back up.. I'd suggest rooting and the custom clockwork recovery.. With it you can do a nandroid back up.. If you frag the sys then you can restore from nandroid and bam back to golden....

MoreBeer

Aug 18, 2010
m.b..... If you're looking for a true back up.. I'd suggest rooting and the custom clockwork recovery.. With it you can do a nandroid back up.. If you frag the sys then you can restore from nandroid and bam back to golden....

Yeah, but I guess I'm a purist... I like to nuke /cache and /system and start anew every time, restoring only the apps and the unique app configs. I'd rather backup at the app-level so I'm not dependent on os-level backups. Call me weird, everyone else does! :)

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Okay I've this one instead of the above method..

Home++ | Free

Home-Plus-Plus-Screen.jpg

My Gentouch78 Now (SDK image Home ++ via USB to Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit)
45848_425772252948_579882948_5022289_5919800_n.jpg

Just have to change the background to something better, but you get the idea of what you can do with Home++ out of the box-experience.
Icon to the right that looks like a sphere is the new Dolphin Browser shown with old icon on home screen. Still looks good to me.

Click on Home++ download home site page link here.

Last edited:

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Tipster that's pretty neat.. i may have to try that out... how much customization can you do with it... can you cange the shortcuts and the like? also.. from what i'm seeing.. is the notification bar been moved to that small part in the lower right... have you did the new update? does it take the soft buttons off?

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Yeah, but I guess I'm a purist... I like to nuke /cache and /system and start anew every time, restoring only the apps and the unique app configs. I'd rather backup at the app-level so I'm not dependent on os-level backups. Call me weird, everyone else does! :)

NAAAA.. not weird... just you... that's the beauty of the Android system.... you can do it YOUR way, not how some psuedo Orwellian dictator with a control complex , ahmm Steve Jobs (said in a cough), wants you too ... well as long as you can figure out how to..lol

Last edited:

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Tipster that's pretty neat.. i may have to try that out... how much customization can you do with it... can you cange the shortcuts and the like? also.. from what i'm seeing.. is the notification bar been moved to that small part in the lower right... have you did the new update? does it take the soft buttons off?

Plenty you can change the flip color for both above. Add another date to the lower side. The buttons you see to the right can access internet, settings. slider, ! is the notification one an etc. Next I going to create my own wallpaper templates to use. I'll share them when I've started working on that project.

bigrich424

Aug 8, 2010
The whole reason I bought this was for a media center remote...... XBMC Media remote works great..... Never seen a Harmony Remote surf the web!!! LOL!!!

obiwan22

Aug 9, 2010
it's Launcher Pro

www.Launcherpro.com

you can download directly from the developers website right on the gentouch... lots of options, NUMBER OF SCREENS, NUMBER OF DOCKS, ASSIGN APPS TO EACH DOCK SLOT, ASSIGN WHICH HOME SCREEN YOU WANT AS THE MAIN, TONS MORE... a bit of a beast to set up.. but once you get it going it's great... plus it has a built in back up option.. if you do a reload and have to rebuild your homescreens it has them backed up.. all you have to do is load your apps back on and then do a launcher pro restore and your screens are back to what they were before... ALL BUT WIDGETS OF COURSE.. THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE VIA ANDROID AT THE MOMENT...

if you need any help setting it up i can tell you how i have the settings...

do you think you can help me?

I downloaded the latest version of launcher pro and I cant get RotateD to work with it? I installed it but it wont load somehow on launcher pro

also how did you get 3d app drawer to work? It doesnt work for me-enabling it

thanks

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Yep it has many uses. Can be use to as WiFi sniffer, tester, monitor all sorts of goodies..

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
do you think you can help me?

I downloaded the latest version of launcher pro and I cant get RotateD to work with it? I installed it but it wont load somehow on launcher pro

also how did you get 3d app drawer to work? It doesnt work for me-enabling it

thanks

here ya go OB,... as i told you in the P. message.. this is the app straight off the android market.. it's working with my set up.. and if this doesn't work i'll send my nandroid back up of my entire sys and you can def get it going that way...lolView attachment $cynosurex_application_RotateD1_apk.zip

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
hey Tipster any luck with rotate D working on home ++?

I tried it in the stock launcher and it Didn't work..

I can only get it to work but in Launcher Pro...??? Not sure what's up with that. .

Anyone else having luck with it?

Last edited:

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
hey Tipster any luck with rotate D working on home ++?

I tried it in the stock launcher and it Didn't work..

I can only get it to work but in Launcher Pro...??? Not sure what's up with that. .

Anyone else having luck with it?

Try using MySettings.app

MySettings+1.0.jpg

Make sure Auto Sync and Auto Rotate are blued

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Does this enable auto rotation for the device.... or is it app specific, meaning only certian apps that are optimized for poitrait viewing are rotated that way?

I really don't want to use the stock Launcher(home).. i was jsut trying it when i updated launcher pro last time.. I am VERY happy with Launcher Pro...

Last edited:

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Does this enable auto rotation for the device.... or is it app specific, meaning only certian apps that are optimized for poitrait viewing are rotated that way?

I really don't want to use the stock Launcher(home).. i was jsut trying it when i updated launcher pro last time.. I am VERY happy with Launcher Pro...

I had started to use this app to control the glitch with Airplane Mode and WiFi management. I have the following active:

1. Brightness set to 25%
2. WiFi
3. GPS Location*
4. Auto Rotate (on this model seems it only if the app causes it rotate)
5. Cell Location* 3/5 uses wireless for maps
6. Time out set to 10 min

Misc: Turns the LCD Panel into a bright flashlight

Last edited: