PPTP VPN Does Not Work On A70 IT

firefox111

Dec 3, 2010
Hello. I have tried several times already to connect my A70 IT to our PPTP VPN gateway at work with no success. Has anyone here tried PPTP VPN connection from their A70?

I tried it from different wifi access points - Linksys, Netgear, DLink with no success. It always times out. Our gateway does not seem to understand the A70 PPTP requests.

Thanks in advance.

neuromacer

Dec 4, 2010
Just tried my work vpn using pptp to a sbs 2008 and you are correct. The 70 won't connect at all.
The connection is working fine from my htc desire, the only difference is my leedroid rom, i think, uses openvpn.

neuromacer

Dec 4, 2010
Just upgraded to todays firmware 2.0.7.1 and still no luck connecting to my work sbs 2008 via pptp vpn

firefox111

Dec 3, 2010
I think it is the VPN client on the A70 that is deffective. My HTC Hero connects with no problem however, my phone's screen is so small to do some decent work - like remote controlling my desktop computer at work to do work if needed on an emergency. I hope someone from Archos sees this thread.

I also have an Archos 5 Internet Tablet which has the same problem!

Maybe all Archos devices are not QC'ed for work related applications/utilities.

Just tried my work vpn using pptp to a sbs 2008 and you are correct. The 70 won't connect at all.
The connection is working fine from my htc desire, the only difference is my leedroid rom, i think, uses openvpn.

FoxFour

Dec 23, 2010
I tried to setup the VPN on my 70 and had the same lack of success as everyone else. I've applied the upgrade to Android 2.2.1. Like others I have no problem connecting with my Andriod phone. I had the network administrator watch from the other end as I tried to connect. He said he could see the Archos trying to connect but that something on the Archos was blocking the GRE packets. Anyone have any ideas on a fix?

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
No, PPTP is not functional at this time. SSL/IPSec VPN can work (with some tweaks), but that is no comfort to you

fish4u

Jan 3, 2011
Feb 15, 2012
I totally agree with you on this one. Since everyone claims that their VPN service is the best of the lot, it becomes really difficult to choose amongst the long list of VPN providers..I went through some of the review websites including Best VPN Service, VPNSP, MYVPNREVIEWS etc and found out the Best Android VPN which is fulfilling my needs perfectly.. You should also try it over your Android Phone..

markhascole

Jun 11, 2018
I totally agree with you on this one. Since everyone claims that their VPN service is the best of the lot, it becomes really difficult to choose amongst the long list of VPN providers..I went through some of the review websites including Best VPN Service, VPNSP, MYVPNREVIEWS etc and found out the Best Android VPN which is fulfilling my needs perfectly.. You should also try it over your Android Phone..

Thanks for sharing this information.

patrickjburt

Feb 6, 2019

Yeah totally agree with you. You should have to read out the reviews first before buying a vpn. I m using purevpn and didn't face any problem yet while using it on windows, mac or on my android and ios.