Print Locally from your Tablet via the Cloud

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
cloud_print_logo_beta.gif

If you haven't already switched your PC browser to Google's Chrome, this may give you the compelling reason you have been waiting for. Google Cloud Print is now in Public Beta, and with it you can print from your tablet to your office or home printers in a snap.

The requirements are the latest version of the Chrome Browser (9.0 or higher) and a Cloud Print aware app such as Google Docs. Install the Google Cloud Print beta from here:

Google Cloud Print

and then as long as your PC is logged in and can access the printer, and you are logged in to the cloud from that PC, you can print directly from your Tablet. In order to share your printer, go to the Tools Menu->Options and at the bottom you will see Google Cloud Print.

At this time I can confirm that Cloud Printing is enabled and working in both Google Docs and GMail when accessed via the web from my tablets.

Last edited:

geofferyh

Jan 4, 2011
I have setup cloud printing on my PC, but can not get it to work on my 10.1" SuperPAD (Flytouch 2) Tablet. Any suggestions?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
what are you trying to print. During the beta the only things you can print from are Google Docs or GMail.

geofferyh

Jan 4, 2011
I have tried both Google Docs and Gmail.

I noted the following:

1. Google Chrome beta Version: 9.0.597.83 Installed on PC.
2. Document "Menu Bar" is grayed out on Tablet. Can't select "Print" from "File" menu.
3. No body copy shown in the document after loading.

Also, in your initial post explanation of Cloud Printing you stated, quote: "In order to share your printer, go to the Tools Menu->Options and at the bottom you will see Google Cloud Print." What is your meaning? Is this a reference to the Google Option Menu Tab called "Under the Hood"?