Problem with .acsm files on my Archos 101 android tablet.

stinus123

Sep 2, 2011
Hi everyone :)

I was hoping someone could be able to help me with my android tablet. I have a lot of .acsm files on my laptop which I wanted to transfer onto my tablet and I just can't.

I know that an .acsm file is not a text file and that I need either Adobe Digital Reader or Overdrive media console to be able to read them but I can't seem to download either one onto my tablet.

When I try to download Overdrive it asks my for my google account. When I sign in on my google account it says that there are no Android phones connected to the account. I can't seem to find anywhere on my google account settings how to connect the android device to it. I have googled the term "how to connect an android tablet to your google account" and it comes up with nothing. Maybe the problem is that Archos doesn't have Android Market, only Apps Library.

I don't know which of these multiple things is the problem but I would very much like to be able to open my ebooks on my tablet since it was a big part of why I bought it. Maybe there are other ereaders that could be used, I have Aldiko and it doesn't work for these files.

Thank you,

Kristin