Problem with my wowPAD !!!

DanWhear

Jan 26, 2011
Sorry i told you the wrong combination of buttons (been a while since i did mine) - just tried it on mine - the correct way is....

Hold 'Home' and 'Vol -' - power on and keep holding all buttons - you will see infotmic logo screen then a black screen with a black and white picture of what looks like a moon in space - keep holding the buttons and the boot menu should appear - the whole process takes about 20 - 30 seconds so if you have not seen the menu within this time then it probably wont show and you will have to try one of the other methods which are not as easy.

Let me know how you go on

Pete

Still no joy. Thanks though. It still hangs on the Infotmic screen. I've tried holding all 3 buttons for 30 seconds and also just the Vol - and Home buttons, after the switch on. Still nothing. After this, I press and hold the power button to turn the tablet off then when I turn on again, back to normal. Very strange.

Pingers

Jan 21, 2011
There are 2 other ways to update - usb cable or create a bootable sd card - I am away this weekend so can't give you instructions till I get home - let me know if you want me to dig them out.

You could try googling for the instructions if you need them quicker - I found them by looking for bootable sd for wowpad - you will have to use some software to create the bootable sd card - I found a zip file that contained the rom update and also the burning program - the rom image was not the latest but it was better than what I had - I think I mention what release it was in one of my early posts in this thread.

Let me know if I can help any more

Pete

Pingers

Jan 21, 2011
There are 2 other ways to update - usb cable or create a bootable sd card - I am away this weekend so can't give you instructions till I get home - let me know if you want me to dig them out.

You could try googling for the instructions if you need them quicker - I found them by looking for bootable sd for wowpad - you will have to use some software to create the bootable sd card - I found a zip file that contained the rom update and also the burning program - the rom image was not the latest (1480) but it was better than what I had and it worked.

Let me know if I can help any more

Pete

LTLFTCer

Jan 27, 2011
Still no joy. Thanks though. It still hangs on the Infotmic screen. I've tried holding all 3 buttons for 30 seconds and also just the Vol - and Home buttons, after the switch on. Still nothing. After this, I press and hold the power button to turn the tablet off then when I turn on again, back to normal. Very strange.

If you are rooted, find QuickBoot in the Market. Install and select "recovery" It will take you to your recovery screen.

DanWhear

Jan 26, 2011
If you are rooted, find QuickBoot in the Market. Install and select "recovery" It will take you to your recovery screen.

I've given quick boot a go, still hanging at the Infotmic screen. I've been reading up about the Bootable SD card but don't hold out much hope. Also, I'll give the USB cable thing ago. Just need to buy a USB to USB cable....! Thinking I may just give up and send the thing back!

skel007

Feb 12, 2011
Thanks Pete for your post! I tried to do this with my pad but after couple trying it just stoped vibrating and nothing happened. Now its on charger for couple hours. I will post if something happened.
For your information i'm in connection with people from Hong Kong from whom i bought pad. They are also looking for solution of my (our) problem. Subscribe to this page.

(sorry for bad grammar)

See ya :)

NIK

Hi Nik

did you recovered your device ? I have same problem :(

Thanks

Appychappy

Jan 24, 2011
Interesting. Maybe the button is catching on the cover strip. Try pressing the strip near the button and see if it has any affect next time.

monsoft

Feb 13, 2011
I have this same problem with my wowpad. I switched it normally off in previous day and next day black screen after pressing start button.
Tried lie it on its back and press power button but is not booting :(
There is no any information when you press back button during startup process. I noticed that pad is somehow active themselves because when I put it in USB mode and connect it to PC, burntool can see it. There should be information on the screen like " Connected via USB" or similar but this time screen remains black.

Looks like my wowpad get completely bricked :(