Problems...

thedanish1987

Jul 7, 2011
If anyone out there can extend an online hand and help with these problems it would be greatly appreciated.

I own a ACER Iconia Tablet A500.
Upon installing the new update that just came out recently, either my tablet died during installation OR install froze, and didn't install.

Either way, when charging up the tablet enough to reboot and leave on charger, I found that the touchscreen does not work and tab is now more prone to randomly rebooting itself and/or freeze. Also, I can not take off of the charger now, because in doing so, it shuts down.

Another note to add. When I reboot, it boots up and has this message that says "Power off, Shutting down" with a spinning circle on the left. It has done this for 30 mins now. It SAYS its shutting down, but the message won't go away nor will it actually shut down. When clicking on anything related to the touchscreen, it freezes. I don't know what to do. I have done a manual factory reset MANY times to no avail. I'm at my breaking point.

Anyone have any suggestions?

P.S. Is it possible to get viruses on these tablets? I installed a bittorrent app on it recently. Just letting people know. Hopefully I can find help.

skinnyg

Jun 16, 2011
Just asking, but did you hold in the reset button on the side to see if that helps..

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
You Don't have a virus because there are no viruses for android.

You may have a defective charger or your battery may be toast. If it says it's charging in settings then I would suspect that your battery is the culprit.

androidnewb

Jun 22, 2011
You can call into Acer support, they have another method to reset your tablet to the factory defaults that may resolve your issue, but that's no guarantee.

csoren

May 19, 2011
That's not a virus - that's a trojan. Misleading headline, at least they call it by its proper name in the article.

mjj71

Aug 8, 2011
im having the same issues i did the update yesterday morning an im have the same exact issuses an im not pleased ive onley had it 20 days. reset dosn't work nothing does