Proscan tablet and hdmi connection

dstacey1

Aug 24, 2015
I have a Proscan PLT9604. I have purchased a micro usb to hdmi gongle so that I might connect to my tv. It is not registering the change in the output. (It will not see the source) Might the cable be faulty or is Proscan not able to read the hdmi output? I have been able to connect to the tv via Chromecast. But I want to be able to connect to my tv when there is no wifi available

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Generally when I have seen this issue on the past it was one of 2 things. Either the user needed to change the input on the TV manually or the cable was bad. Did you get a cable or was it a dongle you then attached a cable to?

dstacey1

Aug 24, 2015
Generally when I have seen this issue on the past it was one of 2 things. Either the user needed to change the input on the TV manually or the cable was bad. Did you get a cable or was it a dongle you then attached a cable to?
I got a dongle that I attached a cable to. I`ve attached a different cable so it could possibly be a faulty dongle. I wanted to be sure that this model was able to connect so I`ll exchange the dongle.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Why not just get a cable and cut the possibilities of a problem in half. Forget the dongle.

dstacey1

Aug 24, 2015
Why not just get a cable and cut the possibilities of a problem in half. Forget the dongle.
I haven`t found a micro usb to hdmi anywhere. I do not have an hdmi port on the tablet, just the usb port

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Sorry, I missed that. You can't use the micro USB to output to anything. It's only intended to be a host device or charging port depending on the tablet.

dstacey1

Aug 24, 2015
Sorry, I missed that. You can't use the micro USB to output to anything. It's only intended to be a host device or charging port depending on the tablet.
so other than using chromecast, i cant connect to the tv?