Protective case for Archos 101

Dec 27, 2010
Does anyone have info on cases for Archos 101 availability? Similiar to products which protect cell phones, such as the Otter Box Defender cases..Im a clutz and im sure i will drop this device! :) Need one bad..thanks for any help

jkane

Jun 23, 2010
I have the one from newmp3technology. I like it most of the time. Fit is very good. Nice quality leather. There are 3 minor cons you should know about.

The strap covers the "up" side of the volume button by a tiny bit. It has not caused any problems yet with changing the volume.

There are no holes where the speakers are. The sound is muted trying to pass though the leather!

The "stand" function where you fold the top cover around the back and tuck the strap in sets the viewing angle to high. If you adjust the strap leaving it a little lose, you can get the angle right, but then it is top heavy to the back and falls over if not held.

jkane

Jun 23, 2010
Since there are like 3 links to the same case, thought I'd talk about it.

I have the one without the keyboard. It fits very well. It does a good job of pretecting the 101. Many good things about it. I would recommend it.

These would be the only reasons you might not want it.

No holes for speakers.

The volume up button is too close to the side strap.Have not had it change volume on me yet though.

The "stand" is pretty useless. It sets the ange to far forward. If you are short, or the tablet is on a high table, it might work. at lap or even normal desk level, it's unusable. It is able to be adjusted by putting the strap in less than all the way. You can get the angle right, but it becomes off balance and falls over backwards.

The keyboard version has a different stand. It might be better, but it's a weight issue, not just an angle. The leather makes the thing too heavy unelss that stand is very ridgid to hold the weight with out it bending it and collapsing.

Last edited:

harly4d

Jan 25, 2011
For those who just want a better cover, there is this from Skinomi. Skinomi TechSkin - Archos 101 Carbon Fiber Skin Protector One thing it did change was stiffness. You can notice the case is less "flexxy" The zebra look is a bit off. But I am getting used to it.

Just saw this one on Ebay:

CARBON FIBER INVISIBLE SHIELD CASE For Archos 101 - eBay (item 110640947884 end time Feb-25-11 13:52:51 PST)

$ 24.83 shipped.

And no I AM NOT the seller of this item, but I'll prob be buy one for my 101 shortly

mr.ofunk

Feb 26, 2011
I picked up the cocoon gramercy ipad messenger sling from officemax. Set me back 30 or so. Fits my 101 quite well!

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App