[Q] Rooting and ability to dl e-books from the B&N market?

bdholsin

Jan 18, 2011
A noob here. New to rooting my NC but not other Droid devices (my Droid is the device I'm most familiar with). Just one question: Does rooting the NC still eliminate the ability to download e-books for the B&N market? Just wanted to follow up on that and be 100% sure before I do anything.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Rooting has no affect on your ability to buy and download any book, magazine or newspaer from B&N to your Nook Color. It also does not affect the LendMe system.

The only possible effect, and this has not been confirmed by me, but some owners say it will prevent your from the 1 hour free in-store book browsing, which our Nook Color's are entitled to each day. Again the "jury is still out" on this issue.

bdholsin

Jan 18, 2011
Thanks Rico. I thought I had read on the wiki about rooting that it was a drawback but you have put my fears to rest. I can do without the in store browsing. Just wanted to verify before rooting. I'll follow up with more questions at a later time. I'm trying to figure out WinImage right now. It's giving me fits.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
No problem. I know many are worried about the effects of rooting and what feature may be lost in the process. All questions are good questions. :)

Just to let you know, I just brought on sale "The complete works of Edgar Allan Poe" off the B&N shop with my NC. Purchased, downloaded and loaded to my library without a problem.

rytyshy

Dec 21, 2010
Just to back up Rico's posts, I too have purchased and downloaded several books without issue on a rooted NC.