[Q] Win32 Disk Imager

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
I am trying a few things out, and have a question:

I hooked up my NC to my pc via USB, opened up Win32DI and created an img file from my SD card that was loaded in the NC.

I have an 8gb SD card with only one partition:
$sdcard_info.jpg

I created an .img file and the file is a 4gb image. Any idea why?

Second and more important question. I want to create an img of the entire eMMC of my NC and can't find a way to do so because Win32DI only see's the one storage partition. Help?

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
I am trying a few things out, and have a question:

Famous last words right there!

So you are trying to go through your NC to create an img file of your SD Card?

I would love to help, but I really haven't played with Win32DI other than to put images on my sd card.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
What I am trying to figure out, is how to make an .img file of my internal eMMC. I'm thinking it;s going to have to be done via terminal or maybe adb, but hoping it would be easier.

Basically, the opposite of installing a rom. I want to create one of my existing system. Hard-core backup. :)

(And I've been known to spew MANY 'famous last words'. It's how I've learned the most important lessons in life. :))

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
What exactly does CWR backup when you do a full backup through it?

thought maybe if you backed up through CWR and have the bootable CWR image with the backup folder...you could theoretically restore your entire system from the SD card, pull the card, and BAM! be back to the point of backup (with everything that was on eMMC), but I don't know how far CWR goes?

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
What exactly does CWR backup when you do a full backup through it?

thought maybe if you backed up through CWR and have the bootable CWR image with the backup folder...you could theoretically restore your entire system from the SD card, pull the card, and BAM! be back to the point of backup (with everything that was on eMMC), but I don't know how far CWR goes?

That's one of the things i want to compare...

Sent from my LogicPD Zoom2 using Tapatalk