Questions on Sylvania SYNET7LP

fred615

Dec 26, 2010
I've had mine since Christmas and still can't figure out a few things. Can anyone shed some light on these issues?

1. I'm told by Digital Gadgets that this tablet does not allow access to the normal Android Market due to a hardware issue and that is why they have the SAM3.5 access app. I've asked them where I should look for it because I cannot find it on my tablet. Should it be pre-installed? They also said that don't think the SYNET7LP will ever be able to use the normal Android Market access even with any upgrades.

2. But then they evaded answering my question on whether this tablet will ever be able to run Android 2.2.. Does anyone know if this tablet will/can get upgraded in the future to Android 2.2??

3. I have a wireless home network with a wireless printer. Is there any way to send print jobs from a web page to that printer from this tablet?

4. Has anyone attempted to download photos from a camera to this tablet through a USB connection? Is it ever going to be possible to do that even if the next upgrade (January?) fixes the USB ports? I was hoping that the tablet could be an easy way to backup photos when away from home..

Any and all answers would be greatly appreciated since it appears we have to write our own instruction booklet for this device...

:):):):)

bigwooly

Nov 24, 2010
1a) for the real market see here http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/sylvania-tablets/4229-how-get-working-google-market.html ( the wall of text is a lot more intimidating than the actual install process is)

1b) to get the slideME market go here and click the red download arrow on the upper right side of the page

2) they have told many of us via e-mail and over the phone that we will be getting andorid 2.2 sometime this month. Considering their track record for releasing updates i would say we would be lucky to see if by the end of february.

3) no clue on this one

4) the DG 2.02 update fixed the usb's. If you have a media reader for the memory card in your camera you can just connect that to the host usb port and you should be able to see the card and move pictures to the device via the my pad file manager app or what ever file manager you prefer.

Last edited:

GoTimothy

Oct 8, 2011
More Questions. I bought a broken screen one on ebay faily cheep. It had a broken screen but I knew it had HMDI output and thought I could see it on my TV. Does anyone know how to hook it to HMDI TV. The TV says wrong format when plugged in. My TV does not display 1080p only 1080i.

lorenii

May 2, 2011
More Questions. I bought a broken screen one on ebay faily cheep. It had a broken screen but I knew it had HMDI output and thought I could see it on my TV. Does anyone know how to hook it to HMDI TV. The TV says wrong format when plugged in. My TV does not display 1080p only 1080i.

Try asking in one place.... people are more apt to answer.

You have to have an HDMI mini to HDMI converter. I have never tried it. You are going to have to use a usb mouse, hooking it up to a tv isnt going to help getting around the touch screen. AND it depends on how bad it is cracked. If it is smashed and causing "contact points" on the captive screen, a USB mouse isnt going to help and you basically got screwed on Ebay.

GoTimothy

Oct 8, 2011
Try asking in one place.... people are more apt to answer.

You have to have an HDMI mini to HDMI converter. I have never tried it. You are going to have to use a usb mouse, hooking it up to a tv isnt going to help getting around the touch screen. AND it depends on how bad it is cracked. If it is smashed and causing "contact points" on the captive screen, a USB mouse isnt going to help and you basically got screwed on Ebay.

I have HDMI mini to HDMI converter and a wireless blutooth mouse, which works good on my Archos 3.2 Android. The only problem with the Archos, is I can not use the power supply and usb at the same time. I was thinking of plugging in a usb blutooth adapter or using VLC remote. About 1/4 of the screen works, the touchscreen works and does not seem to cracked. I can not see the settings because of the cracked screen. Can you see in setting on yours, if there is a way to change the output of the HMDI to 1080i?

lorenii

May 2, 2011
I don't remember a setting for HDMI output. My 7" is over at my parents (mom uses it as a e-reader). I will check tomorrow.

There is no setting for HDMI on the 10" which tells me it is plug and play. I haven't ever used it.

Also, I just tried my 2.4 GHz wireless keyboard and mouse on my 10" tablet and it worked great!

Even had a pointer icon!

Last edited:

GoTimothy

Oct 8, 2011
I don't remember a setting for HDMI output. My 7" is over at my parents (mom uses it as a e-reader). I will check tomorrow.

There is no setting for HDMI on the 10" which tells me it is plug and play. I haven't ever used it.

Also, I just tried my 2.4 GHz wireless keyboard and mouse on my 10" tablet and it worked great!

Even had a pointer icon!

Great now all you need is a mini HDMI to HDMI connector to conect it to your 50" HDTV and you can surf the web, read e-mail watch netflix or youtube movies on your HD TV while sitting on your couch with your wireless keyboard. Use the HOME key to go back to previouse page. Don't use the wirless and the touch screen at the same time or it will lock up and you will have to shut down to recover. You could also plug in a 2TB hard drive and watch movies off of that. If you copied all your DVD's to it.

I just read on syl web site that the HDMI does not work, until you upgrade the software, which I can't do, because I cannot see the screen to set WIFI setting to get to the net. Thanks anyway. The Archos has setting for HDMI but it has to be plugged into one to show up on the screen.

Tim

Last edited:

mvancil

Aug 25, 2011
I just read on syl web site that the HDMI does not work, until you upgrade the software, which I can't do, because I cannot see the screen to set WIFI setting to get to the net. Thanks anyway.

Tim

It should still be possible to flash upgrade it....just set up the bootable Micro SD

lorenii

May 2, 2011
Great now all you need is a mini HDMI to HDMI connector to conect it to your 50" HDTV and you can surf the web, read e-mail watch netflix or youtube movies on your HD TV while sitting on your couch with your wireless keyboard. Use the HOME key to go back to previouse page. Don't use the wirless and the touch screen at the same time or it will lock up and you will have to shut down to recover. You could also plug in a 2TB hard drive and watch movies off of that. If you copied all your DVD's to it.

Tim

Nah, my house is already set up on a wired/ directional wireless server for television. I don't have/want cable and I don't watch local networks, so all of my "TV time" is movies or internet streams already. I have it set up where my parents can watch movies off of my server wirelessly from across the street. I think you would burn up one of these tablets trying use it to drive a home theater... they get hot enough as it is.