QuickOffice Tablet Edition Work on the Nook Color?

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
The NC runs QuickOffice Mobile suite well but I'll definitely give this tablet version a try. Thanks for the post. :)

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
No go for me. Is QuickOffice HD an API 8 (android 2.2) app? Looks good on my Evo, it's scaled down of course. Maybe one of the NC users running 2.2 can try this apps and report back.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
It works on my Coby Kyros equivalent HSG X5A running Android 2.1. Min API is 4

I put up the pastebin for the manifest. Does it not install, or not work?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
What's the error? logcat should have barfed something.

It should work properly. Maybe bring it up on XDA.

I have both PassionQuickOffice from Nexus One and this on the Android 2.1 X5A installed and working.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
No error, "application not installed" upon installing.

11-01-30-3.png

Last edited:

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Ok xaueious, finally installed QuickOffice HD

Here is the story and hopefully will help all of us Nook Color owners:

-I had forgot the Nook Color has a pre-installed version of QuickOffice Viewer and I just read on somewhere, you must uninstall any previous version of QuickOffice before installing a new one. To uninstall a pre-installed/root app, you need to get a root uninstaller app to do such
-Go to the market and get "Uninstaller for Root"
-Open and scroll down to "QuickOffice Viewer"
-Press "Grant root", SU will ask for permission
-After root access, press uninstall
-Once uninstalled, us NC owners are free to install QuickOffice HD or any other QuickOffice version you wish

Here are some pics at Nook Color's native 1024 x 600:

11-01-30-10.png

11-01-30-5.png

11-01-30-6.png

11-01-30-9.png

11-01-30-11.png

11-01-30-14.png

11-01-30-15.png

11-01-30-20.png

11-01-30-22.png

11-01-30-16.png

11-01-30-17.png

11-01-30-18.png

Last edited:

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
I finally hit my wall I think... I can't install this because I get the error while trying to install from AppManager:
Install Blocked:
Installation of download apks is not supported.
I guess I DON'T have the ability to sideload like i thought... and I STILL don't have Nook Tools ANYWHERE that I can find. Anyone else rooted from 1.0.0 and NOT 1.0.1 that has found how to enable?

EDIT:
I'll take that question to it's own thread, sorry...

As for this thread, I WAS able to install via ADB no problem and now have a sweet QuickOffice install on my NC! Woot

Last edited:

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
so why don't you at least update to the 1.0.1 nooter?

Because I can't find anything that says I can simply autonoot over my existing autonoot without screwing the pooch. I am not yet inclined to factory reset and start over just yet because ADB works and everything else is ok. Plus I am holding out for a froyo rom. I don't know, maybe I will just wipe and start over with 1.0.1, I don't know...

I got into this mess because my nook has magical powers and didn't auto update over wifi when I turned it on. And as a matter of fact, my other nook that I am going to root and sell to a guy on CL that asked nicely ALSO didn't auto update ota either... maybe the magic is in me?

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
I would have something like titanium backup to back up anything you put on there saved on an sdcard then factory reset that bad boy and sideload the 1.0.1 update, the auto nooters, etc. Reload titanium and get your apps back. You have gone thru the trouble of rooting but are holding out for a rom that you don't even know what is going to be required...I know rooting can be a pain but why hamper yourself when you know there is an easier way

Sent from my LogicPD Zoom2 using Tapatalk

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
I would have something like titanium backup to back up anything you put on there saved on an sdcard then factory reset that bad boy and sideload the 1.0.1 update, the auto nooters, etc. Reload titanium and get your apps back. You have gone thru the trouble of rooting but are holding out for a rom that you don't even know what is going to be required...I know rooting can be a pain but why hamper yourself when you know there is an easier way

Sent from my LogicPD Zoom2 using Tapatalk

I might just do that... I've played around with this nook for a week now and have just been piling on and piling on... maybe it's time for a wipe and fresh start now that I know (kind of) what I want.