Random Disappearance of Wallpaper HSG X5A

roqueboyz

Oct 9, 2010
Just wondering if any of you had experienced this. I own an HSG X5A running Android 2.1 with #348 rom. My wallpaper randomly disappears when I return to the homescreen and is replaced by a black background; all the other icons however still present and accessible at the homescreen. Only way to recover my wallpaper is to reset/restart the system. Don't know if it's a software or hardware bug that's causing it. I've already flashed Asure"s #348 rom but still same problem randomly appears. Any one of you has any ideas on what is causing this?

pazvanti

Jun 19, 2010
Did you try a different launcher (ex: AdwLauncher, LauncherPro). It maybe because the launcher installed does not work properly.

roqueboyz

Oct 9, 2010
By the way to correct my previous post it's not only the wallpaper but also the status/notification bar that randomly disappears. Tried using ADW Launcher as my default homescreen launcher. Problem partially corrected: wallpaper does not disappear but status/notification bar still randomly disappears. Probably a software bug that causes the return to the homescreen to crash.

roqueboyz

Oct 9, 2010
Just wondering if others using the X5A also experience the same problem. Been a day 1 problem for me.since I received my tablet bout 2 weeks ago.