Recover Pictures After Factory Reset?

coersum

Sep 1, 2011
Hi,

My wife has an Acer A100 and was having some problems (screen flashing and such) so I did a factory reset.

I thought I had backed up all of her docs and such and thought pictures and videos were saved on her SD card but after doing the factory reset, they were gone.

I rooted it and tried using undelete type of apps but nothing was found.

I am wondering if there is another way to recover her lost files (from the internal storage)?

I will be installing a cloud drive backup after that but wanted to see if something was possible, I tried Undelete and Hexacomb Recovery but no luck. I also tried using multiple PC type recovery software (I have the tablets drivers) but it can't find the drives since all it shows is "Acer Iconia Tab A100" but no drive letter (I can see both "Internal Storage" and "SD Card" when clicking on it from explorer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Unfortunately I think you're pretty much out of luck. Even the majority backup apps wouldn't have backed up those files. My mantra is always to copy files to the tablet, never move and never operate without cloud storage for the stuff you create on the tablet.

As an aside there is an app called Folder Sync that would allow you to sync files from the tablet to your PC over your WiFi network so you can make copies.

So, did the factory reset solve the screen problem? Inquiring minds want to know? ;)

coersum

Sep 1, 2011
Unfortunately I think you're pretty much out of luck. Even the majority backup apps wouldn't have backed up those files. My mantra is always to copy files to the tablet, never move and never operate without cloud storage for the stuff you create on the tablet.

As an aside there is an app called Folder Sync that would allow you to sync files from the tablet to your PC over your WiFi network so you can make copies.

So, did the factory reset solve the screen problem? Inquiring minds want to know? ;)

Yes folder Sync is the app I used to have on my xoom before I installed ICS a few months ago, I just re-installed it and starting to sync again, got the 25gb deal for $2.49 from google drive, will sync hers to mine too and maybe upgrade it later to the 100gb for $4.99 (we take lots of pics and videos with the tablets and drop pics/videos taken with our cells on it too :) )

As far as the screen flashing, yes it did fix it. I don't know what it was about, every now and then while playing games mostly her screen would just start flashing (in the games only (a few different ones, not if home was pressed), only way to fix it was to reboot the tablet (force shutdown of the games in question didn't work).

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I saw your previous post. After a factory reset the chances of recovery are nearly zero. The folder sync app was intended to be used before doing a factory reset, not after.

Diffexor

Dec 15, 2015
In you case , the only possible option is to give a try on some data recovery app. It's not 100% sure, but it worths a try. I have used such app to restore deleted data on my phone. According to the app, it also supports android tablet.

Last edited: