Restart Tablet

Dodtech

Jul 30, 2012
There is no "Restart" option in a700 and every time I have to shut down and then power on. All my other andriod smart phones carry this feature. Does anyone know how to make this easier? I tried installing Go Launcher but it didn't help.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
There is no "Restart" option in a700 and every time I have to shut down and then power on. All my other andriod smart phones carry this feature. Does anyone know how to make this easier? I tried installing Go Launcher but it didn't help.

What happens if you hold the power button beyond the shutdown prompt? Like 10 secs or so.

Dodtech

Jul 30, 2012
It simply shut it down after about 5 sec but it doesn't restart. Thanks anyway. I think it's still faster to do the shutdown and power on.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
It simply shut it down after about 5 sec but it doesn't restart. Thanks anyway. I think it's still faster to do the shutdown and power on.

I'm not certain we understood each other. Did you try holding the power button for >10 seconds? It should restart and would be quicker than a shutdown and turn on.

Dodtech

Jul 30, 2012
I'm not certain we understood each other. Did you try holding the power button for >10 seconds? It should restart and would be quicker than a shutdown and turn on.

Noop! I held it for more than 20 sec and it just stayed off. It usually take me about 10 sec to do shut down and power on. Am I having a defective tab?

Dodtech

Jul 30, 2012
if its rooted install quick boot from Market.

Thanks Vampirefo. It's not rooted and I'm not sure I want to go root for small things like this. I'll keep this in mind and may be down the road I'll do it when I rooted it. Thanks again.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Why would you have to restart?
Android isn't Windows. Nothing is gained by this.

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
I usually only restart when things get stuck in the notification area. When I'm downloading files over WiFi and the connection is lost, there's a stuck notification that I can't get rid of. Other ICS tablets I've tried, I can just drag it/flick it out, but not on the A700.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
There is a little X on every notification line that you can hit.
There is also the recent task list that you can tap, and then just flick tasks out.
Worst possible case you tap settings, apps, running, and kill it.

I've never found a single reason to restart this tablet except a new version of the OS coming ota.

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
My downloads don't have an X, and even after killing the apps they're still there. On our other two ICS tablets, I can flick out of the notification list (not just the recent task list).

It's always interesting how the same tablets can react so differently...My NookColor running CM7.2 is a LOT quicker than my coworkers, and we both have the same brand & class microSD. Could be because I did it myself and she bought one of the pre-fab cards. Just interesting.

Dodtech

Jul 30, 2012
I get frozen screen on tab a lot more than on Windows, usually caused by running too many memory intensive apps like Skype, Messenger or QQ. Too bad the A700 only has 1G ram, where I have much less troubles on my phone Galaxy S3 which has 2G ram.
Another thing less than perfect is the A700 doesn't have a "Clear All Notifications" button, and every time I have to close them one by one !!

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I get frozen screen on tab a lot more than on Windows, usually caused by running too many memory intensive apps like Skype, Messenger or QQ. Too bad the A700 only has 1G ram, where I have much less troubles on my phone Galaxy S3 which has 2G ram.
Another thing less than perfect is the A700 doesn't have a "Clear All Notifications" button, and every time I have to close them one by one !!

Um, that's not how android works.
You can't run "too many" memory intensive apps at once because android will simply Page them out. You can't overrun memory on android.

Further, when there are notifications that can be cleared, there will be an x in the lower right most corner of the screen as soon as you touch there. Just tap the battery icon.

How can you guys be unaware of these things? Did you just get your first Android yesterday?

Sent from my HOX

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
Here's what I'm referring to when it comes to stuck notifications..In this pic, I've begun a file transfer over WiFi that has failed for one reason or another at 16% and it is stuck in the notification area. Can't be removed, no X, and no flickiness. :) To get this to go away, I would have to restart the tablet.

$snapshot.jpg