Rockchip 7 inch Android Tablet - Apad iRobot (Moonse E7001)

mindwave

Jul 6, 2010
Ok, guys I am actually reading this entire post (on page 21 now) and I am learning a LOT.

GREAT post thanks for all the info, I'm hoping it will help me make an informed decision.

Someone asked a question, and it may be answered later, like I said I'm still reading, about the speed rating.

Many of the newer vendors are list 1.1GHZ and then when you look at the detaile specs you see an RPXXXX or ARMXXX rated at 600MHZ and then a DSP rated at 500MHZ (or vice versa).

How does this translate to the real world? SO far I am into the MAY postings, so again I may learn it yet, but I am HOPING in late august eary sept to buy a 7 - 10" Android 2/x tablet, it would be great w/ a camera, but mot required, but I need ports.

This for me is more of an all around device than just (like the archos7) a video watcher.

Any advice and or answers are VERY much welcome. Thanks for all the GREAT information.

J

RaySim

Jul 19, 2010
I picked up 3 of them in Beijing.
I should have ahd the staff make then English before i left but I eventually got that done myself.
I can't figure out how to get Android apps onto it.
It appears as a hard drive to my IMac....

mindwave

Jul 6, 2010
It seems to me, from the 2 or 3 forums that I have read (about 100 pages of postings) that 2 things are occurring. 1) First it seems that MANY of the units built and shipped in early May had issues, the farther along folks seem to get in their order dates the fewer issues occurred UNTIL 2) there are a LOT of mismanaged customer expectations about these devices. These are NOT PC's they are not laptop replacements, I would even dare say they are NOT Multimedia All In One's. It appears as though from the ground up they have been designed to be used the same way that the "Ipad" is being used. A quick and dirty 'scratchpad' for ideas, a nice browser in a pinch, and an easy way to watch last nights True Blood on the train to work. When I mow the lawn I want a 1" mp3 clippy that will hook on my collar and hold 3 dozen songs. Not something that weighs a pound.

Just my 2 thoughts. I dont own one (yet - end of August), but I would love to hear folks ideas

nixnix

Jul 22, 2010
It seems to me, from the 2 or 3 forums that I have read (about 100 pages of postings) that 2 things are occurring. 1) First it seems that MANY of the units built and shipped in early May had issues, the farther along folks seem to get in their order dates the fewer issues occurred UNTIL 2) there are a LOT of mismanaged customer expectations about these devices. These are NOT PC's they are not laptop replacements, I would even dare say they are NOT Multimedia All In One's. It appears as though from the ground up they have been designed to be used the same way that the "Ipad" is being used. A quick and dirty 'scratchpad' for ideas, a nice browser in a pinch, and an easy way to watch last nights True Blood on the train to work. When I mow the lawn I want a 1" mp3 clippy that will hook on my collar and hold 3 dozen songs. Not something that weighs a pound.

Just my 2 thoughts. I dont own one (yet - end of August), but I would love to hear folks ideas

just had experience via
ali Baba, got seriously mugged off, HK$6,K for an copy tablet with android inside, and the pair of them does not even hold a charge to see what it might do ??? never buy online and never from ali baba

nixnix

Jul 22, 2010
total waste of money, never ever buy from these guuys' purchased 2 item sent me totaly different items never replied to me

cnadigtial

Jul 30, 2010
CNADIGITAL'S 7 inch ebook reader Android OS with WIFI & 3G Google Android ebook reader equipped with WIFI, 3G module (optional), HD video playback, micro SD card slot, microphone and stereo speaker.
CNA-Ebook-reader-M71-3G-1.jpg
CNA-Ebook-reader-M71-3G-2.jpg
CNA-Ebook-reader-M71-3G-3.jpg
CNA-Ebook-reader-M71-3G-4.jpg
CNA-Ebook-reader-M71-3G-5.jpg
CNA-Ebook-reader-M71-3G-6.jpg
CNA-Ebook-reader-M71-3G-7.jpg
CNA-Ebook-reader-M71-3G-8.jpg

• Features Spec:
  • Porcessor :RockChip2808 at 600Mhz
  • 7 inch HD LCD screen, 800 x 480
  • Touch screen with icon or menu drag features and auto rotation.
  • Broadband Internet access, 802.11a/b/g Wi-Fi wireless lan.
  • 3G module for WCDMA/TDSCDMA/EVDO modem (optional and 3G modem not included).
  • Camera integrated.
  • Google chrome lite browser.
  • Goolge Map.
  • Email, Word, Exel, PPT, PDF.
  • Support Fring, SkypeOut, QQ, MSN, Gtalk.
  • Wallpaper auto change.
  • Games download via internet.
  • Apps download via Android market.
  • Desktop gadget.
  • Storage: nand flash 2GB
  • RAM: 128MB 800Mhz DDR
  • 2 x mini USB port
  • SD card slot support capacity up to micro 32GB. (not included)
  • HD movie playback (1020 x 720).
  • Integrated Stereo speaker.
  • Integrated microphone.
  • Audio in/out put.
  • Weight: 0.16kg include battery, super slim design.
  • Color: White
  • Languages: Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Duct, English, Espanol, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Norwegian Bokmal, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Chinese(Traditional), Chinese (Simplify).

SDInvestor

Jul 30, 2010
You have the "use" all wrong, while true these things are not designed to replace the desktop or laptop, they are a suitable replacement for a "netbook" in my opinion, if they are built right. These things are so in their infancy with a new OS also in it's infancy, so there are bound to be issues. However, that being said they are ALMOST ready for the retail market for say a sales force, CRM, document creation and review and even a decent portal to your PC at home.

Mindwave, you need to really get outside the box, these devices have a LOT of potential, but they are not in a streamlined efficient manufacturing stage yet. This whole 29 pages talks mostly about the cheaper Android pads in the $250 and below arena, however to really shine they need to add more features, memory, processor, better camera, and longer battery life to even compete with the iPad, which I would buy if it had a CAMERA. After using the iPad for several days last week I found that I can do a LOT of work on it, however, I see that the Android market has the ability to REALLY Shoot by Apple if the hardware manufactures can get focused on just an Android solution line, instead of "oh it will run Android, MS Home or CE"...

I just thought of one more thing that would be nice, a stylus (I know many hate these things), but a stylus that has a MAGNETIC holder in the unit's case, you see in my line of work I can sign digital documents...and submit them via ftp, http, etc...

Snoopy

Jul 3, 2010
interesting! gonna have to take a closer look at this one in the morning. can we get any info on what version of Android it's running?

andy

Aug 15, 2010
Hi all

Just joined and just bought my Apad. Exacly the same as the image above
All good so far but am wondering if it's possible to update this to android 1.6 to run the Kindle ebook software??

arbabirad

May 10, 2011
hi all
I 've bought this one from china by a friend of mine and it has android 1.6. I'm gonna improve its os but i don't know how. has sb ever done that? could you help me?