[ROM] 2010/11/30 Firmware for haipad m701-r

Matt262

Nov 8, 2010
Nevermind, just did a translate and it flat out says "smaller font, there is no other difference"

toyen

Nov 6, 2010
can someone try to upload in another site ? i would like to test it.

but i can't download in official site.

Matt262

Nov 8, 2010
Loonix, how did you flash the firmware? I can't get my M701-R into the "update" mode the tutorial video from Merimobiles describes.

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
There are different models or revisions of the m701,
maybe you need another way to enter the upgrade mode.
for me it works like this:
Start FWDN and select the firmware files (be shure the drivers installed OK)
switch the pad off and on with the switch.
push and hold the 'menu' button
plug in the USB cable.
FWDN detects the pad, hold on to the 'menu'key, the detection window closes
FWDN starts a 2nd popup box, the 'NAND' part on the left side.

Sometimes after i install experimental firmware or maybe use a wrong version of FWDN the 2nd popup box does not show up.
if that happens i use clockworkmod recovery to clear '/boot' partition...
but i am not shure if that is what solves the problem or just the trying it again.

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
I wouldn't mind a smaller font version (I use LCD Density to do that anyway), but my REAL questions are whether this firmware would disable anything on my M701-R tablet? Also, whether or not this firmware writes countless temp files to the SD card and if it improves the camera image quality?

Doing a firmware update to only change font size, when I can already do that myself, is pointless. But if there's something else in it for me I might give it shot.

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
Since Haipad advertises this as a Firmware for the M701-R i belive it should support the Remote.
I have only the old version with HDMI but no remote so i cant tell.
Essentialy the surface looks like they used a different LCD density but apps still get stretched to use the full screen (but not the graphics inside the apps)
I have not noticed any new tempfiles on my SDcard or the internal memory.

Matt262

Nov 8, 2010
Well I successfully flashed this firmware today and I've got to say WOW in terms of difference...I love the smaller font, my memory shows 2gigs, and the battery life is amazing in comparison...I was on #131 before, and this is night and day in terms of usability...I unplugged my charger at 11:45am CST and here it is 2:50pm CST (it's been on standby the whole time in airplane mode) and the battery seems to still be fine...3D games still don't work right for me, but I only checked that just out of troubleshooting since I don't really play games. Seems to boot a little faster too.

EDIT I had one launcher force close so going to see how bad it is before I switch back to Launcher Pro

Last edited:

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
@Matt262

Hmm, sounds like I might want to flash mine but (before I do that) do you have dual-touch pinch/zoom in the web browser with this firmware?

Matt262

Nov 8, 2010
Also no more tmp files on the sd card

EDIT remote control works great too

Last edited: