wmt212.jpg

7" display
30-pin dock connector, NOT 24-pin.
Memory size 256MB
Model number: generic
FW ver. Android 2.2
Kernel ver. 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
Build WMT2.1.2

I doubted the authenticity of the FW version, so I installed OSBuildReader and the app showed info about donut (?!).

Build.ID = Donut
Build.Fingerprint = generic/generic/generic/:1.6/Donut/eng.howayhuo.20101108. 164929:user/test-keys

I am now inclined to believe that the manufacturer faked info in the About Device to increase sale. If they can do this, how else are we going to check for the actual FW version in the future?

- -

Reading about bricking of tablets belonging to various models and builds, I have been wondering why those who know how to tweak have not come up with scripts that are able to backup FW/ROM.

I bricked my first tablet trying to flash it with rooted FW/ROM. I bricked a second tablet by simply installing a theme for ADW Launcher. It's that scary. =( Therefore, having a copy of your original factory FW/ROM is as essential as having a copy of your computer OS for recovery purposes.

I am not familiar with Android programming. Perhaps, it is more difficult to create backup scripts than performance-enhancing scripts? Nevertheless, I believe having backup scripts is more important than having performance-enhancing scripts. I hope those who are able to make backup scripts will be kind enough to share them with us.

mospeada

Nov 18, 2010
I always find the adapter of the tablet cumbersome and prone to accident.

In Flytouch's case, its adapter's design is quite stupid, because both of the USB interfaces are pointed in the direction of the power outlet. So, if the power cable is connected to the device, say when charging, you can't use one of the USB interfaces because the 9V connector and USB accessory would cross each other.

Because I am able to use a standard iPod USB cable for data transfer, I thought why don't I make a customized cable to replace the adapter?

The iPod USB cable has a 30-pin dock connector on one end and a USB male connector on the other end. I thought that if I converted the USB male connector into a female connector, then I will be able to directly connect USB thumb drives or a Flytouch keyboard to the customized cable. Customized because I can't find a female-to-female USB adapter for use with the iPod USB cable. A female-to-female USB adapter would have made the job easier.

Anyway, I cannibalized two cables for the experiment: one iPod USB cable for the 30-pin doc connector and an old USB extension cable for the female USB connector. The DIY was good but I can't make the customized cable work.

Apparently, there is some sort of circuitry inside the adapter that is making the tablet and USB accessories connected to the adapter see each other.

Now, I am eyeing the warranty seal on the screw of the adapter... :D

tajlund

Jan 17, 2011
I also need a rom for this unit. Exact same info in the system info. Also when checking it with another system information it came up with donut. Right now it's a paperweight.

tat4

Jan 16, 2011
Have the same one-with blue LED instead of green and in the other forum it says it's flytouch clone?

I want to able to make a backup with titanium, but if I run the program :
cannot acquire root privileges, please verify that your ROM is rooted and includes busybox...

Edit:
Returned this one to seller because of fake memory readout,
about shows 256 MB, but when checked with android system info RAM shows 128 MB.

Last edited:

RomanticEvil

Oct 26, 2010
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...e-flytouch-mid-blue-led-wmt2-1-2-2-1-1-a.html

Above is the rom (rooted/boosted/market/etc) for this device. This is tested on a device with a Blue LED, Green Headphone input, no vibrate at startup, MID label on the box which came with firmware version 2.1.2, this firmware is 2.1.1 based but works fine except for the bootscreen, that get's messed up due the progress bar, I might fix that. The version that was shipped on the device claimed to be Android 2.2, but that's false, it's 1.6! Also this device claims to be 256MB while it actually is 128MB, the NAND drive is just 1GB.

deinite

Feb 3, 2011
i have MID android tablet 7" how can i know my processor-graphics accelerate-

in my "about device"

memory 256M

MODEL NUMBER= GENERIC

FRIMWARE 5.0

KERNEL VERSION=2.6.29-00236-G4F8DBBB-DIRTY

BUILD NUMBER= WMT2.1.2

CAN you explain it to me and my specification and what android its it?? 1.6?? or 2.1??? or 2.2????

CAN I UPGRADE MY MID tablet???

Last edited:

ratep2001

Feb 17, 2011
I have obviously bought one of these fake Android 2.2 tablet PCs... Luckily enough, my ambition level with this tablet is not very high and I only want to develop a custom videoplayer application.
My problem is that when I try installing the application, I get "Parse error", although I have built the application even for Android 1.6 (everything works though with a simple HelloWorld application).
That's why I tried to upload the application from PC via USB using adb, in order to be able to debug - but I was not that lucky. My PC running windows XP cannot recognize the hardware, the automatic hardware wizard doesn't start and even when I install manually the Android USB driver it says that the device (Android ADB interface) cannot start ???
USB debugging on the tablet is activated, so what is going on?

trukuntraken

Jun 7, 2011
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...e-flytouch-mid-blue-led-wmt2-1-2-2-1-1-a.html

Above is the rom (rooted/boosted/market/etc) for this device. This is tested on a device with a Blue LED, Green Headphone input, no vibrate at startup, MID label on the box which came with firmware version 2.1.2, this firmware is 2.1.1 based but works fine except for the bootscreen, that get's messed up due the progress bar, I might fix that. The version that was shipped on the device claimed to be Android 2.2, but that's false, it's 1.6! Also this device claims to be 256MB while it actually is 128MB, the NAND drive is just 1GB.

Actually I bought this tablet, and I'm trying to improve the use of that, but it's getting slow and useless...

Do you have the link for the direct download?