[ROM] AOSP/CM Jelly Bean 4.2.2 for a2109

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves, we don't even have EGL, and it took months to get 4.2.2 usable. I'll post a new thread when I'll share a build ☺ I did get wifi working though. In a few days!

DBlake

Nov 29, 2013
Some progress now. EGL works with some grouper libs. GPS is working, bluetooth works a bit. Camera doesn't. I'll put something up in few days.

Sweet! See, now that we (well, you) have 4.2.2 fully working, 4.4 shouldn't be too far away from that with a few similar hacks.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Sweet! See, now that we (well, you) have 4.2.2 fully working, 4.4 shouldn't be too far away from that with a few similar hacks.

Hmmm... Well, the only hack I actually used was to take some grouper libs to get EGL going. Problem though--the camera hal doesn't work with those, so now I'm experimenting with a few build flags:

BOARD_EGL_SKIP_FIRST_DEQUEUE
BOARD_USE_MHEAP_SCREENSHOT
BOARD_EGL_WORKAROUND_BUG_10194508

Frankly, all the rest didn't work mostly because I used some option to make my build think it is in emulator mode, which in turn used software rendering, which allowed me to boot initially without EGL.

I also found an interesting build flag that might help with p2p:

BOARD_LEGACY_NL80211_STA_EVENTS

I initially was looking at the grouper, tf300t and tf700t device trees of cyanogenmod. Now I'm casting a wider net to also look at other tegra3 devices, namely p880, endeavoru (and the associated tegra3-common repo). The device-specific configs are mainly in {$device}.mk, BoardConfig{Common}.mk and system.prop. So I'm copying from there to see what works for kai. My own device tree currently does not produce a booting build yet, but I hope I'm getting closer :)

Still nothing to share that runs without adding security issues...

Last edited:

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Okay, the time is right for a new thread :)

@DBlake, if you're going to experiment further with porting precompiled grouper roms, please feel free to add your notes to the kitkat thread. I would like it to be a thread in general about kitkat for kai, with CM-11 just being one example.

stueymc

Jul 9, 2015
Could you check the link for CWM 6.0.3.7? It does not seem to work for me.
Thanks.

My mistake - doesn't download with IE, but no problem with Chrome.
Thanks

Last edited: