[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 for S7 Slim (ALPHA)

Publius

Dec 10, 2011
(Sorry if this is OT, but someone in this thread asked for it)

I found the way to replace splashscreen on S7 slim from hungarian forum, you can use it to change geeksu image on startup:

Multiupload.nl - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

You just go into a fastboot mode and run logo.bat
logo.img.1 and logo.img.2 are different files that i tested on my device, you just have to remove the digits after extension.

There is also a script to make your own logo, but I didn't test it and I don't know if wrong image would brick a device, so try only if you know what are you doing!

----

I tried to test CM10 today, but I couldn't get tablet ui to work, changing build.prop as written on page 23 caused some weird acting of UI (no status bar and whole screen was moved slightly to the left with a black bar on the right part of the screen) so back to CM9 now.

Last edited:

ChaLe

Oct 9, 2011
First of all I wanna thanks to asturel and other ppl who contributed to this rom.
I have S7 slim with CM10 asturel version from 15.09. Everything is working quite fast and without problems except one. Problem is with WiFi, when tablet go into sleep mode WiFi is going to turn off but it doesnt shut down. Only loop where it says in settings "wifi is turning off". Neither its turning on after wakeup, only reboot helps to activate wifi again. Does anybody have same problem and have solution? Thanks in advance
Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

yizhan

Feb 1, 2012
First of all I wanna thanks to asturel and other ppl who co tribute to this rom.
I have S7 slim with CM10 asturel version from 15.09. Everything is working quite fast and without problems except one. Problem is with WiFi, when tablet go into sleep mode WiFi is going to turn off but it doesnt shut down. Only loop where it says in settings "wifi is turning off". Neither its turning on after wakeup, only reboot helps to activate wifi again. Does anybody have same problem and have solution? Thanks in advance

Got the same problem

duddu6

Sep 6, 2012
If someone can help me , my radio gsm it's not turning on even with the cod from 3 page,everything else it's working ok

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk 2

marcus905

Sep 17, 2012
Hi asturel,

two quick things: how can I send some money your way?
another one: I'm having some problems with wifi tethering using your CM10 and android-wifi-tether... do you have any clue in how to make it work?

Thanks a lot!

EDIT: another small thing, the hw-key (back, menu and home) backlight doesn't work, it remains off

Last edited:

ddz334

Aug 5, 2012
no i did not do it... i simply didnt install the recovery... when i try to install the recomended recovery it gives me the flash write failure error... if i put the file in SD Card and try to install it via terminal with flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img command it gives me lots of errors that i ran out of space...

what do you mean with "formated memories" ??

Ref: Bricking and Unbricking my ideos s7 - xda-developers

wrcode

Sep 15, 2012
A short guide to install.
1.You need to have installed Rom manager and phone must be rooted.
2.Download this ->Zippyshare.com - install.rar
3.Turn the phone off and push Power+Volume UP
4.Run install
5.After your phone reboot copy the file http://www.asturel.hu/cm9_s7/cm10_testing/cm-10-20120915-EXPERIMENTAL-s7-asturel.zip into your internal sd card.
6.Run the Rom manager and click Reboot into recovery mod.
7.Then Go to advanced wipe davik chace and all caches.
8.After that Choose install from sd card and chose cm-10-20120915-EXPERIMENTAL-s7-asturel.zip
9.After few 2/3 minutes your phone will reboot with new cm10.

Guides
1.Phone is in Airplane mode. <- Turn off you pin code on simcard.

Last edited:

dzonikg

Sep 2, 2012
marcus905 said:
Hi asturel,

two quick things: how can I send some money your way?
another one: I'm having some problems with wifi tethering using your CM10 and android-wifi-tether... do you have any clue in how to make it work?

Thanks a lot!

EDIT: another small thing, the hw-key (back, menu and home) backlight doesn't work, it remains off
Wifi tehtering does not work and is wroten in first post..change brightnes of screen and hw key light will turn on

dzonikg

Sep 2, 2012
Some games have visual artifact in CM10 ( i find dead triger ..probably there are some other) but just in developer options turn on option"disable hw overlays" and they will be gone .. ui will be much slower so after playing game turn it off.

Last edited:

Xvon

Sep 16, 2012
i found a "bug"...

Even when i disable sound... i hear a lot the speakers activating noise sometimes (while i'm clicking on stuff... sometimes it does it)

me too. But the speakers activating noise is always after playing a sound on my device,
and this issue also happened with other modified android 2.2.2, just only stock firmware does not.
It seems that relate with the kernel but I can't modify kernel, please help. thanks a lot.

Just_me

Sep 9, 2012
Just_me said:
I found one solution. Install from the market app WiFi tether, then go to settings and check MSS clamping and Ruting fix. Then click on Change Device-Profile and check Generic ICS/JB (wlan1) and finally click on Change Setup-Method and click on WEXT. Probably there is no need to do all of this but after one hour playing with this I can finally use hot spot.

This solution works on CM9. You can test on cm10. ;-)

asturel

Sep 23, 2011
me too. But the speakers activating noise is always after playing a sound on my device,
and this issue also happened with other modified android 2.2.2, just only stock firmware does not.
It seems that relate with the kernel but I can't modify kernel, please help. thanks a lot.

are u complety sure that it was the kernel? (e.g. did u tried the stock rom with the an older kernel? or vice versa?)