[ROM] Gentouch78 Rooted v0.3 (for v1)

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
When you're applying these updates the device needs to have AC power going through it. Very important now to just rely on the DC side (battery).

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
yest i tried that and it just kept on going and going. i did it for about 15 cycles and it never stopped.

Try this:

Press the Power in and hold it in and then take a paper clip or pin and stick it into the reset hole and force it to reboot.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Yes if you followed all the instructions to the letter.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Grab the powertools and install Cachemate and run it If it works you can see it remove stuff if it didn't you would get error.

jaestoner01

Sep 11, 2010
hi, guys Im having problems ..i've been at this the whole day and i can't get pass the cmd screen i've held that back buttom for an hour
anything happen.I watch tipstir video on youtube and nothing can someone please help thank you ...

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Follow this how to install Step #1
Did you do this?
Did you install the USB drivers and does the system see the Gentouch78?

If nothing happens then there is an issue with the driver?
These are not from AuGen but it works. There is a program also but I disable that using IOBIT Advanced System Care Free | Pro [Startup Manager].
Just use the USB driver that only shows in the Device Manager when you connect your Gentouch to the PC.

USB Drivers 32-bit for Windows XP/Vista/7
USB Drivers 64-bit for Windows XP/Vista/7

The system should see the Gentouch78 once that is done. Now follow the steps laid out in the first link above.

Last edited:

calvinfla

Sep 12, 2010
I did the lincracker updates and my market works for a while then it trys to download a bunch of apps on its on witch fail and it stops working. Then I tried to set up adb and some how I got a composite interface And can't do any comands any help would be awsome. Thank you for all your work on this tablet. I am new to this and would not have got this far without this and the other fourums.

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
I did the lincracker updates and my market works for a while then it trys to download a bunch of apps on its on witch fail and it stops working. Then I tried to set up adb and some how I got a composite interface And can't do any comands any help would be awsome. Thank you for all your work on this tablet. I am new to this and would not have got this far without this and the other fourums.

what do you mean "composite interface"?

cutterjohn

Aug 23, 2010

Linckraker's update alone is NOT enough to get market working. You'll ALSO need to do clockworkx's non-ugly market fix Augen Gentouch - Wiki