[ROM] Gome Superpad firmware update 3245 Android2.1/stable/smooth/fast/unofficial

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffh

Feb 8, 2011
No fix yet m8, I know ryans working on opening this firmware up so hang fire if you can.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
I'm gonna try seeing if the superpad2 gps files make a difference. I am so close at getting us 2.2 I think. But gtn the tablet to accept the change is a chore.

Mar 20, 2011
quick query regarding the desktop with this new update, anyone else noticed you cant move icons from page to page now or is it just me?

Oh and while at schuel (college) I was playen with the flytouch 3 firmware update and I found a way possibly to install it on our tablets so I'm ah play when I get home. 2.2 would be nice and all. If it installs I'll report back later.

any news on this or an update to see if ti will work?

oh and is there a download of the updated market app available that you were tinkering with?

Last edited:

altkon

Jan 10, 2011
Do the keys tend to "stick" sometimes? I'm having that issue with 3245 on any virtual keyboard...very frustrating for me when taking notes at church. Makes me want to throw my tablet across the worship center, but I'm afraid I'll miss and knock the pastor out. :)
Yes you are right especially when it becomes necessary to change from plain letters to Capitals and they stick to plain small letters.
The only way to work around this is to press and hold on the change button at the left with the black dot until the capitals show up in a row on top , then you press on one of them and when you will see that the dot on the exchange button turned out to green from black, only then you have your Capital letters up and steady again..
Try it if you want and you let me know. !!:mad:

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
quick query regarding the desktop with this new update, anyone else noticed you cant move icons from page to page now or is it just me?

any news on this or an update to see if ti will work?

oh and is there a download of the updated market app available that you were tinkering with?

I don't use the wow launcher so I wouldn't know, I don't like it. I use launcher pro or zeam or gingerbread launcher. Wat ever floats my boat. Even if the market was updated in that update we couldn't use it since it was made for 2.2

I haven't had much time to play with this firmware I'm building. I got it to boot once but got a force close and a reboot of android flashing over and over and over... I'll be tinkering tonight. Once I get it working. U better believe I'll release it to the public unlike some other devs out there.
Flash was said to be working on the newest superpad2 firmware which I did grab but I'm working on the first update. Rather go in steps than one big leap.

ican mike

Mar 22, 2011
Just want to say a BIG THANK YOU to Ryan and all for the amazing work you guys are doing. I am learning so much and do not feel so afraid to dig into this pad's os and look around. (Of course, I have had to reset about 12 times, because of the dreaded " I wonder What This Would do.") Right now I am trying how to get market back up and working - Just for the free apps, I have deleted something that keeps crashing market - Trying not to have to RESET once again. But I will figure it out. JUST WANT TO SAY THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!

r4m0n

Mar 7, 2011
RGOCAL, do you think that this tablet will support Honeycomb? Or is this out of question? That would be great :)

dlzc

Feb 10, 2011
RGOCAL, do you think that this tablet will support Honeycomb? Or is this out of question? That would be great :)
I'm not Mr. Gocal, but Honeycomb has minimum memory requirements of 512 Mb (as of last year). My tablet only has 256 Mb.

dlzc

Feb 10, 2011
Hi i seem to be having an issue with my gps not working with this update is there a fix or workaround?

My built-in camera did not work with this update, until I installed it the 2nd and then 5th time (2nd was unstable, 1st, 3rd, and 4th the camera was non-functional). Something about the order things were installed in. So maybe, by some stretch, you'll need to try similar?

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
I can't promise honeycomb buuut we could possibly see a honeycomb user interface and theme? Id be happy with that. I found one for phones but sadly it won't work on mine...maybe itl work on the tablet.
Well as for 2.2 I'm stumped. I have a package ready but I gotta learn how to repackage it into an android systen img. If anyone finds somthing. We might see 2.2 on our tablets. I am able to gut out the superpad2 firmware since how they flash new firmware is different from us so what u would think would be an easy flash is not. Those of you playen with the os, good:) I am lookin to someday get a team together on this project so learn ur stuff. I'm just as new to this as u and the easyest way to leanr is to tinker.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Hey all found this today. Flytouch 3 Android Tablet with Android 2.2 OS, Built In GPS, 10 Inch Touch Screen, Superpad - US$184.90 : Euogo.com to my uneducated eye the spec looks very similar to our tablet, with the obvious exception of the memory sizes, can we track down the firmware for this? I'm out for the rest of the day but will look when I get back.

I already have the firmware but the way they install their firmware is different from the way we do. They use 2 files. We use 5 or 6

compupane

Feb 2, 2011
Rename "firmware-discovery" to "firmware-discovery-zip" and then you'll almost see the files we are accustom to. From there, after adding/replacing drivers & other files in the system.tar file, you need to build a system.img file. I get the concept but haven't followed the directions to build my own SD card yet. I was hoping for a NAND burn solution soon.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Rename "firmware-discovery" to "firmware-discovery-zip" and then you'll almost see the files we are accustom to. From there, after adding/replacing drivers & other files in the system.tar file, you need to build a system.img file. I get the concept but haven't followed the directions to build my own SD card yet. I was hoping for a NAND burn solution soon.

Already ahead of u. But converting that system.tar to an android image is my problem. We need that to be system.img. and no u can't just rename it to .img. not that easy lol

Looks like the guys over at xda have unstable froyo running but their are also killing some of their tablets doing so. There seems to be a some what stable way but way to confusing for i and the community so just makeing a stable build is our goal (wifi,camera,touch force closing on their latest build). idk if we will beat them since we only have a select few of use working with what we know. il be trying to create an update.zip, if it fails...il keep to the this updates way of updating.

Anyone willing to form a team on this, PM me

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.