[ROM] Gome Superpad firmware update 3245 Android2.1/stable/smooth/fast/unofficial

Status
Not open for further replies.

skye lee

Nov 4, 2010
i have the same problem as others it just starts normal. just wonder one though. do i have to root it before i update it?

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
When a company releases an update. They try to prevent root. Why would root be required then would one wonder?
"Learning by your mistakes and misjudgment is the best teacher" one of my favorite quotes
I'm preparing somthing. Not sure if itl be up tonight as a download.
Also a thought came to mind...do we need a certain class of tf card for this to work?
Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

geordiemark

Dec 11, 2010
hi trig

I think your doing what i done and thanks to rgocal for all his hard work, you have to have a usb sdcard converter I put the sdcard into the usb and formatted as instructed but what i was doing was formatting the sdcard direct on the top box and not doing it on the bottom box as instructed that was my mistake and this is what your probably doing trig try that see if it updates

Trig

Mar 5, 2011
Success guys, looks like it was the card, both were Sandisk 4gb one would format leaving 700mb of space the other 3.68gb, the 700mb was the working one. Tips for people trying this is, if it doesn't seriously reduce the size of your card it ain't going to work and it's the Android folder inside the Android folder you need on the card.
Yep it seems quicker than 1623, couple of nicer things about the interface, menu and back buttons now appear when rotated to portrait. Haven't tried rooting yet or loading my apps but it seems to be ok.

Much thanks guys especially Rgocal and Geordie.

geordiemark

Dec 11, 2010
I didnt do nothing trig was all rgocals work ............ glad your flytouch is up to date its a big difference and works great

tcmixx

Mar 6, 2011
Hey, I got my Flytouch for like 4 days ago. And it came with Firmware 3048. Can I use the update 3245? Will I feel a difference from 3048 to 3245?

Thanks

Trig

Mar 5, 2011
I didnt do nothing trig was all rgocals work ............ glad your flytouch is up to date its a big difference and works great

It was your northern inspiration to keep trying mate... Taking nothing away from Rgocal's brilliant work. As a side issue got the wife one, it's a slightly different model no gps, it arrived as a brick, will be interesting to see what firmware we get on the replacement.

jeffh

Feb 8, 2011
Having used this firmware for 24hrs I am well happy with it. The pad seems much more stable and checking the memory , much more frugal on memory usage.
Dunno about webtv its all chinese to me LOL. Like the interface though. Rooted mine with universal androot beta and titanium backup works fine. Initially nagged me about USB debug but turned the nag off in settings. Wots all the fuss about USB debug?? DOES NOT MATTER as when using burntool (if needed for future updates) this happens before the o/s starts so the USB will still work. I used a 2gig cheap? card from ARGOS , £5 something and had no problems.So will keep this card as is for updates only, as suggested by RJ.
Dont be impatient though and WAIT till it tells you it has finished the update. Good luck in my opinion well worth the effort

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Awsome to here

As promised i edited the process abit and added a goodies folder i made earlier today. itl bring life to your tablet.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Hey, I got my Flytouch for like 4 days ago. And it came with Firmware 3048. Can I use the update 3245? Will I feel a difference from 3048 to 3245?

Thanks
Im not familiar with that firmware, i beleive this firmware is the updated version of what you have. by all means update.

Feb 23, 2011
Hi

I wonder whether anyone can help... is there an 'update.zip' file available for this latest update so that i can update my tablet via bootable sd card?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

testfeek

Mar 3, 2011
I have been trying all day to make it boot for the sd card, no luck, i used 3 pc, windows 2000, windows vista and 2 windows 7 pc. With 2 Sd cards one 2g (cheap one) one 4g (scandisk). Can i use burntool the do the update?

Status
Not open for further replies.