[ROM] Gome Superpad firmware update 3245 Android2.1/stable/smooth/fast/unofficial

Status
Not open for further replies.

altkon

Jan 10, 2011
I have downlaoded yxflash1.0.6.apk and yxflash1.3.5.apk files.
Which one is fit for my "Flytouch 2 Generation 1 Update process
Update 2.1.3245" in order to watch divx xvid mpeg etc movies.
Also I have the yxplayerv1.5.9CBS.APK.
Any suggestions??? Thanks..

SupahDroid

Mar 21, 2011
I Have a question on the upcoming froyo update. what will be removed/kept such as features since its being ported to a unit with less ram to have it run effectively? also is the ram going to be a huge issue like for instance i play games on mine how will it impact the unit performance wise?

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Froyo has no performance issue as its run on my phone that has 112mb of ram in it and runs flawlessly (ofcourse thanking the dev for the custom romI run on my phone for tweaking it for performance.) If I use the same ramdisk, everything will be fine. Ram and android runs differently unlike other operating systems. The ramdisk image controls how much memory in the ram the os and apps use to control the smoothness let's the kernel running the os know how to handle things. (Simpliest way I can put it.) But upgrading again...I must get us a new recovery made by me with different code called clockwork from rom manager. (Source code available in my group I created if anyone wants to help or is enterested in helping or curious)
Got some vacation coming up so I can hammer down on this and see if I can get anywhere.

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Untested and Not for this community

Last edited:

Trig

Mar 5, 2011
I was brave or foolhardy. It worked for me. It's a buttock clencher and I had to try twice to get it to go. Rgocal is right DON'T DO IT IF YOU ARE NOT CONFIDENT! You need to have at least a gig clear on your card! If the the green screen flashes more than twice at stage 2 you need to reburn the card. In my playing 90% of my problems were with the card. It takes a while to run and boot first time, leave it alone! I only found this I have no idea how it was made or how to fix things, if you get a brick it's your own problem.

first impressions It's an update! It kept a lot of my settings WI FI, location etc, some apps disappeared, looks nice and smooth. looks like a work in progress not everything is working! Going to go put my stuff on it and see what happens

Last edited:

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Well its not considered a update when it was dev created.

I did see that trig but my first impression was. I see bricks so I nvr posted. But now its in the air :/ an android upgrade is a difficult process when it comes to nand flashing. Its either a go or no go. Bricked my phone the first time I upgraded.

The real froyo update will be released by infotmic sometime in the coming months. I see no reason to upgrade if flash does not work.

Last edited:

Trig

Mar 5, 2011
Yep it an unfinished effort, plenty of things don't work. Then again I don't think it was released that way, it's more to get people testing and fixing. So unless you just want to play I would leave this one alone, you will not have a fully working pad with it.

By update I meant it does not write over the old ROM it updates it, some settings are retained such as the wi fi key.

I'm sceptical that a 2.2 ROM will come from Infotmic, they are the sort of company that is only interested in banging out the product they are tooled up for and then moving on to the next one. I can't see them spending time and resources on an old model. I'm pinning my hopes on a homebrewed version, which is why I'm here.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
I'm gona say my version will be a lot better. Once I get there ofcourse.

I did find an archive of superpad (flytouch2) updates. theres two in place for march? anyone recall how many we had or which ones we had in march?
Im ah check it out, requires burntool to install them but identification is unkown.

Last edited:

zittergie

Oct 10, 2010
How is the sound of this update? Do you still have the hissing?
If not, this would make me take the dive ...

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Pretty sure its gone

zittergie

Oct 10, 2010
I will give it a try this weekend. Almost broke my tablet today trying to figuring out if a GPS receiver could be added easily.
When putting the tablet back together my touch screen did not response very well. I hope it will keep working now.

I also read about ADB over Wifi. Is this possible, if not, does ADB work via USB-A / USB-A?

I have a Haipad M701-R too, and with that tablet you can connect the tablet via USB to the PC and use ADB.

Another difference with the Haipad is the Video <-> HDMI. It seems that the Flytouch only gives video and no desktop. I only get 480 in stead of 1080 (or 720).

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Messing with the touchscreen itself and cables is very iffy work. Gotta be carefull as its a sensitive device. I would recomend recalibrating touch screen in settings.
I havnt got adb to work over wifi but I did manage to get it to work over ethernet. Usb, I don't have a cable for it.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Ive discovered a version 2 of update 3245. Those of you enterested...It seems to be the official version as ive determined. I cannot post the download link as the package is incomplete so I had to repackage everything for the 3245 update process. So, those of you who succeeded in this update and if you wish should give this firmware a try as Ive come to stay on this on. Gives a better feel to the tablet. as far as speed goes, its the same. I had to use the same ramdisk from this update and package it into the new one. So, we will be having a better choice of firmwares to run here soon. again this is not an update, just an alternative. With every update out, doesnt mean you have to run it, everyone has their favorites. I will try to make this update process a bit proffessional ")

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
Hey rgocal, TCH (thechillhacker) is developing a custom rom for FT2v2 over on apad dot tv /apadforum/showthread.php?309-New-rooted-ROM-more-to-come.
He now claims this:

"Also, a little off topic, but I noticed a couple things when I was repairing some padds the other day. First off, the FT3 firmwares I am uploading will work on FT2 units. I tested this earlier today, and they actually run quite nicely. So that opens up a bunch more devices."

Might be interesting to check out as it is of course an android 2.2 rom (I have an FT2v2, but thought you might be interested).
I have my doubts due to the hardware differences that this would be a good idea?
I posted question as to wether he is referring to the FT2v1 android 2.1 device when he says FT2. I'll let you know what he says. pS: flash does work on FT2v2 roms since 0302, but it is a little flaky black and white and laggy. It is the adobe flash 10.1 player. Also, his rom fixes screen brightness a bit, ads ad-hoc networks and should now include the fix for the sound output levels on the speakers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.