[ROM] Gome Superpad firmware update 3245 Android2.1/stable/smooth/fast/unofficial

Status
Not open for further replies.

thafrogggg

Mar 23, 2011
There is another app called bloat freezer. I have not tried it but i liked the reviews. Have you tried that one? Sorry i am not helpful. Guess i am trying to learn from you instead of offer anything good.

Have not tried it yet. I am still trying to find out what apps I can safely keep from running.

Van Abbott

Apr 16, 2011
Can I put another microSD in slot C as long it is not the recovery msd?
I love this load. Everything works great. Makes the tablet actually usable!
Thank you for all of your work.

Richardo Crispus

Staff member
Dec 9, 2010
Thanks to jeffh, For discovering this.
"beat me to it 0.0" (Good man)

Burntool for windows only, possible manualy through osx and linux os,s

Update 3245

whats new?

*Smoother UI
*Camera fix
*Skype and Windows Live messenger enhanced
*WEBtv
*3g options for 3g adapters
*Ota updates (supposidly)
*Icon changes
*Filemanager
*registration completly gone...this time
*A Better Tablet
*Faster Ramdisk

The Flaws Discovered
*live wallpapers disabled (fixed)
*market payed apps disabled, V1 (working on fix)
*wifi issues on selected flytouch2 devices and other capadible devices. (We have no clue)
*Debug option hidden (fixed)
*Read only system (fixed to RW)

If your tablet came with or has froyo...this update is not meant for u unless u wanna downgrade.

Links
SD card update burner : flytouch2-ROM-recover-card.zip ( bootable sd ) (The burn tool needed for this process)
UpDate 3245: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service ( android.rar ) (The android files needed for the update, not an *update.zip*)

(if they dont work, try the site)
InfoTM X220 (Flytouch II, WOWpad, SuperPAD) ROM Development - Page 151 - xda-developers

Thanks to XDA

Flytouch 2 Generation 1 Update process
Update 2.1.3245

By: Ryan Gocal (Rg)

*Preperation*
1.Extract the recovery rar file and make a folder like I dont know...FTii Recovery Tool on your desktop
2. go in win hex folder and click on winhex.exe located in second folder on the bottom of list
3. on the tool bar click on options, general
4. Setting up your work enviroment~ make folder for temp. files somwhere on your hdd or point it to your FTii recovery tool folder
5. click ok and close out of program

!Make Boot sector to SD Card! *Caution, This is the only place you can screw up and your sd card should result in a 700mb storage device, if not you failed.
~Run WinHex.exe
1. on the toolbar click... tools, disk tools, clone disk
2. choose file (aben.start sector.001) its the first file in the recovery folder you made, thee important one.
3. Choose the sd card as your destination, whether its in an sd card adapter or usb adapter.
4. Checklist...source: raw image should be chosen as your sector.001 file, destination medium is going to be your sd card, start sector (destination) Fill in 0 (zero) and click ok. if you recieve any temp. file locator errors, ignore them unless its concerning your preporation setup or this process wont work.
5. After finish it finishes, take out the card, close your windows and put it back in.
6. your result of the card should be 700mb after you format the card to Fat32, if not you screwed up and restart the process to editing your sd card.
7. extract android folder and copy the folder android on the sd card

Plug YOUR FRIGGEN TABLET IN...
mmmk then...now proceed.

put the card in your tablet and power it on (dont press buttons, dont boot to recovery, just turn it on and you should recieve a message right away saying applying update or somthing relative to that)

let linux do its thing

calibrate your screen

...DROID...

Debugging options have NOT been disabled, they have been HIDDEN..so dont fret. Wehave posted links for rooting and to fix your sd card. we are here to help, any questions, comments or concerns...post them here were all the action is. I will help, they will help. thats why we are here, we are the FTii community. Amen

Here is a package for the Flytouch2 I made up or any android tablet I suppose.
Update2
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

How do I turn on USB debugging? I need it to recover from titanium backup :-/

Thanks,
Richard

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Debugging has been mentioned several times. Install launcher pro, long press on desktop, click activities, shortcuts, settings, development.

The wow software all can be removed like the flv plugin, music player, browser, weird keyboards. Just don't remove and system required software. I pretty much wiped all the apps off my tablet and it was all good.

Pc is down, neos project delayed, frustrated dev, solving problem by buying new computer system (mac) I hate pc -.-
Glad to see everyones helping out here, sorry I havnt been on much, life got caught up with me but don't think I havnt been working on things :)
Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

Richardo Crispus

Staff member
Dec 9, 2010
Just one other thing, how can I install FB reader? I uninstalled the per-installed ebook reader as it was interferring but still am unable to install...

Thanks,
Richardo

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
If it says app not installed. Try pushing the app to system to install via terminal

Richardo Crispus

Staff member
Dec 9, 2010
Bug report, anyone else having trouble getting it to sleep and not getting the 6 recent app list when you hold down the home button? I can only see that screen when I press the on screen home button.
Also, any other way to install FB reader which doesn't need a usba-usba cable?

Thank you!
Richardo

[edit] Using the Apk manager thing which was included I managed to install FBreader. I dunno how it worked but it did
I've also got Titanium backup working due to this post which explains how to enable debugging

Richardo

Last edited:

rpires

Apr 23, 2011
Hi there,

I need to put this tablet in Portuguese Language and by default it does not have. I Have installed this ROM but still don’t have Portuguese. I had a previous Super Pad and it have and even in other FLytouch III that I have with the firmware I manage to install it. Even with the APP More Locale II it does not work.
Is it possible to have Portuguese Language in this tablet model?

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Aunestly I wouldn't have a clue

scigo

Mar 27, 2011
hi anybody successful installing vplayer?

Sent from my FL2 using Android Tablet Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.