[ROM] Gome Superpad firmware update 3245 Android2.1/stable/smooth/fast/unofficial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van Abbott

Apr 16, 2011
Can I put another microSD in slot C as long it is not the recovery msd?
I love this load. Everything works great. Makes the tablet actually usable!
Thank you for all of your work.

Answer: Got tired of waiting. So, I put my 16gb card back into slot C. This is not the one with Froyo load. And everything worked normal on boot up. Had to reseat the card a couple of times because some programs need to reinitialize the card. Other than that, no problem.

KRWKnitwear

Feb 4, 2011
I am very much a newbie to this stuff, but I got 3245 installed just fine. But I cannot get my camera to work. Can someone please walk me through step by step on how to make it work? I have no idea what burntool/ ROM etc means!

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Clear the cache. If it don't work. u have to reflash the firmware untill the camera works. Idk why this malfunctions in this way.

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

KRWKnitwear

Feb 4, 2011
I was serious when I said I need step by step instructions. How do I clear the cashe? How do I reflash the firmware? I have already re-installed the update twice.

funinthefalls

Apr 4, 2011
I am still having issues with the GPS, but I know it works for some....is there something I need to enable (other than the obvious use GPS under location)?

maverik410

Mar 28, 2011
@van abbot
i have the gps icon pop up on the menu bar across the top but cant get a fix ? it scans for sat's but no fix
it works on 1623 great but not on this one seem's i cant get a fix

dlzc

Feb 10, 2011
I was serious when I said I need step by step instructions. How do I clear the cashe? How do I reflash the firmware? I have already re-installed the update twice.

Yes, my version of this tablet came with a one page PDF, that said absolutely nothing. You have step by step instructions on making the flash, and you say you've installed the flash. Clearing the cache (even "wipe data/factory reset") had no effect on my camera problem.

I believe you get to the "System" menu by pressing (Power) + (Vol-) + (Home), release when you see something displayed on the screen. Then you'll have a 4 item menu, and you'll want to try "clear cache" from that memory.

1) Install the flash. Remove SD card.
2) Boot. First thing, go to camera app. If good, go to Market, poke around, download a couple of apps (don't bother to configure). If solid, power down, and back up. If still solid, go to 4).
3) If you got here, go to 1)
4) Download and configure all your apps.

I had to reflash 5 times to get solid camera and Market. You may need more or less. The various bits have to install in the right order to work properly.

KRWKnitwear

Feb 4, 2011
DLZC thank you for the help! I figured out how to clear the cache. You said to install the flash. Which flash am I looking for?

dlzc

Feb 10, 2011
DLZC thank you for the help! I figured out how to clear the cache. You said to install the flash. Which flash am I looking for?

Sorry, I have to watch my terminology...

You said: "I have already re-installed the update twice."
That update SD card that you formatted to 705Mb, with the 3245 firmware, will be your constant companion until your OS allows proper function of your camera. So where I say "flash" above, I mean "power off, put the update SD card in the SD slot between the USB ports, power on and do the boring install until it says to pull out the SD card and reboot. Then do that."

KRWKnitwear

Feb 4, 2011
Ah gotcha! Ok.. I have already installed 4 times to no avail... I guess I will keep going!

Do you recommend clearing the cache each time?

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Not familiar with that player

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

ymakkawi

Apr 20, 2011
Hello, good poeple, Thanks for the hard work, impressive as well.

i have been reading through the posts (huge) to find a solution to change the location and weather to Khartoum, Sudan, any advice?

i have also tried all the market applications available with this upgrade: one is only in chinese, applanet does not install or download application and Market does not connect at all. is this dependant on local internet service or user gmail account? i need to download arabic fonts and keyboard.
I still cannot find/install free apps from market. does anyone have arabic keyboard/fonts as .apk?

hi, i was hoping to find answers to my two issues above, i guess the topic is not common but thanks for the software and installation help.
Most likely i will revert back to an older version with Arabic support and working Market.
Yousif

Status
Not open for further replies.