[ROM] Gome Superpad firmware update 3245 Android2.1/stable/smooth/fast/unofficial

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlzc

Feb 10, 2011
Ah gotcha! Ok.. I have already installed 4 times to no avail... I guess I will keep going!

Do you recommend clearing the cache each time?

I cleared the cache *and* did a factory reset before starting, and after the first update. Beyond this, there is no real point, as everything else gets stacked on top of space reserved for the OS, and this space "does not affect" the operation of the OS and its drivers.

If you have not seen a change in the behavior of your camera with each update, then either:
- your camera is busted (has it ever worked?)
- you don't have a Flytouch II with 256 Mb of RAM, 10" screen, and two SD card slots (this firmware is only for them)
- there is some other issue with the SD card you made, the RAM or "hard drive" in your machine, or something odd.

I'd recommend you "update" back to the firmware that last worked for you, so that you have a baseline. And no, I'm sorry, I don't know how to do that. There are threads here that talk about it. You'll find the "update" option on that same menu that allowed you to clear cache...

KRWKnitwear

Feb 4, 2011
Camera Never did work, even when I first got it. But I do have the Flytouch II. I can try a factory reset again, but that version was horrible. This was my first attempt ever to upgrade the firmware..

Last edited:

dlzc

Feb 10, 2011
Camera Never did work, even when I first got it. But I do have the Flytouch II. I can try a factory reset again, but that version was horrible. This was my first attempt ever to upgrade the firmware..

Software updates don't fix broken hardware. If you are not out of warranty, see if you can get this exchanged for one that has a working camera.

Failing that, there are posts here that show how to pop this puppy open, and check for broken wires. Not that I'd be comfortable doing much more than pushing connectors back together, on stuff this delicate. But a TV repair shop might be able to to a quick solder reflow, if required. If you talked nice.

KRWKnitwear

Feb 4, 2011
I should correct that. When I use the camera to take a picture.. it takes a picture. The screen jus shows the green/pink stuff. I instaled a different camera software and even though on the screen youcant see the picture, it will take what it sees. does that make sense?

Richardo Crispus

Staff member
Dec 9, 2010
I should correct that. When I use the camera to take a picture.. it takes a picture. The screen jus shows the green/pink stuff. I instaled a different camera software and even though on the screen youcant see the picture, it will take what it sees. does that make sense?

It's a hardware fault then. If you've a warranty I suggest you send it back under that, though undo all rooting and possible reset the tablet before you send it back since it will contain person details?

Richardo

spike666

Apr 11, 2011

Did you tried old rom 1170 (GOME_Flytouch2_infomix_ix220_11.07) ??
That is the only version for me to get my cam working.
If I use any other rom version my cam shows green scrambled picture.
Burn the 1170 rom with burntool 7.5 and see if your cam is back to life.

(ps: see my other post in this threat how I kinda resolved my cam working with 3245 rom)

Last edited:

spike666

Apr 11, 2011
[update]
Finaly I have manage to get my cam and gps working with rom higer then 1170.

Now runnen 2852, but had to burn U0 with 0.6.1.2_1.4.587_OV2655 to get cam and gps working.
No more green cam screen and and fast good gps fix within 15 seconds..
Step by step the pad problems resloving :D

going to install 3245 tomorrow and will let you know the results.
[/update]

Last edited:

ymakkawi

Apr 20, 2011
Hello,
From my previous android experience on HTC phones the firmware can be multilingual or limited to a certain choice of languages. A quick question, does this principle apply to this update? are there virsions with more language choices?
Thanks, Yousif

ftanl

Dec 8, 2010
I've searched for the links on how to fix the SD card after doing this firmware update..can't find the info anywhere..Please help??

NEVER MIND..It was on page 3 or 4 of this thread. Works like a charm:)

Last edited:

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
The best universal video player I know of is rockplayer. Best audio player is maxmedia

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

Buzzy

Apr 5, 2011
Did you tried old rom 1170 (GOME_Flytouch2_infomix_ix220_11.07) ??
That is the only version for me to get my cam working.
If I use any other rom version my cam shows green scrambled picture.
Burn the 1170 rom with burntool 7.5 and see if your cam is back to life.

(ps: see my other post in this threat how I kinda resolved my cam working with 3245 rom)

Spike, how do you use burntool for the flytouch 2? As far as i can determine the flytouch 2 has only usb host ports and not slave ports. Perhaps you have zt180? Pardon me if i seem noobish but i have really tried to snoop into my flytouch2 thru the usb to no avail and concluded it has host ports only.

Buzzy

Apr 5, 2011
Hello,
From my previous android experience on HTC phones the firmware can be multilingual or limited to a certain choice of languages. A quick question, does this principle apply to this update? are there virsions with more language choices?
Thanks, Yousif

Sorry Yousif but this firmware is language limited. Perhaps there is a way, once rooted and super user'd, to port the language file over post installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.