[ROM] Imito iM7 Market Restore/Firmware Update

zedamota

Jan 2, 2011
I'm more and more convinced that the available firmwares are for a different HW version (IM7 not IM7s), if this is the case I would ask the member who posted on this thread saying it would work to edit his post.

spednix

Dec 27, 2010
I'm more and more convinced that the available firmwares are for a different HW version (IM7 not IM7s), if this is the case I would ask the member who posted on this thread saying it would work to edit his post.

Ok, I found some detailed specs at pdadb.net. I was able to compare the specs side by side of the two devices (this is according to the internet, nothing has ever been wrong on the internet). Anyway, the only difference between the two is one is heavier by 30mg and the S has a TCC8902 and the original IM7 is a TCC8901 chipset. I'll investigate more on this and I'll get back to you. Of course, this could just be a typo on their part...this is the first I've heard of this and I have no idea if it matters. We will see.

spednix

Dec 27, 2010
I was wondering. Did yours come in a green box that had white stickers with Imito IM7 printed on it, but under the sticker it said "Hpad"? I saw a picture from another distributor that had a box that said konseptus on it. And when I searched for that, I saw feed back on the lightinthebox site that said their box said konseptus. I know these devices are similar, but could it bad that some are slightly different yet coming from the same warehouse and everything?

zedamota

Jan 2, 2011
Green box, white stickers saying iMito, HPAD below those.
It seems that the main difference between the 2 processors is the 3D Graphics engine, now graphics not initializing properly could explain the boot failure.

spednix

Dec 27, 2010
This is true. I'm thinking that since it's so generic, maybe some are slightly different and we got that one. Hopefully someone will pop-in with the proper firmware for this unit. I'm going to start investigating Hpad and see if I can find something.

zedamota

Jan 2, 2011
Have you found anything? I found a thread about a guy with a similar issue, he found that the problem was in the "mali driver" and edited the egl.cfg file to comment it out with adb. However I don't think mine is responding to adb commands as it is.

spednix

Dec 27, 2010
Nope, haven't found anything new. Mine responds to fastboot commands, but I haven't tried any adb commands yet. Let me know if you have any luck with it or send me the link and I'll see if I'll have any luck with it.

jabss

Dec 25, 2010
Hello again,

Happy new year!

I can confirm that after a while my Android market fails. But now is not that "starting download" hang... It starts downloading and after 3 seconds I can see a quick (less than 1 second) error message saying "download failed", and that entry in the download "section" disapears, like it was never there. Anyway, the workaround I found is to backup the applications to the SD Card with the "apk manager" application, and then do the factory reset. Then, with the same application, I install everything back. Not perfect, but allows To survive... :)

I'll definetely try a fw upgrade when the procedure and results are more refined...

Meanwhile, maybe we could align exact device versions. Mine is also from lightinthebox and has a sticker in the back with two bar codes (part number "M7101202MOO" and serial number "M071034xxxx"). It also says "E multi touch". I would't take decisions based just on the box characteristics, because it can vary a lot, specially with these chinese retailers... In my point of view, the best way to compare is with the references (FW/SW releases and any sticker in the back).

I'm not sure, but it seems the build number has changed with the factory reset (would it be possible?) now, I'm looking at it and the exact references are the following:
- Firmware version: 2.1-update1
- Model Number: Andorid MID
- Baseband version: unknown
- Kernel version: Linux 2.6.29 (jade@linux-server2) (gcc version 4.3.1 (GCC)) # 43 Sat Dec 11 13:05:09 CST 2010
- build number: telechips_tcc8900_us-eng2.1-update1 ECLAIR eng.jade.20102111.124005 test-keys
- version: MID_DT_v1.653 KS UOE -R

I recall now that I once tried the option "check system updates --> install system update" and the pad got dark for 15 minutes or so.... (I even thoght I had bricked it), and then was able to recover with a reset. Would this have somehow changed the build number?

I supostly bought a iMito iM7-Android 2.1 Tablet PC-MID-7"TFT Touch Screen-Telechips TCC8902-800MHZ-256 DDR2-2G-Wifi-Camera(SMQ5774), but again, it's possible that lightinthebox have sent something similar...

By the way, my device only stands for about 3/4 hours in stand by. If I leave it fully charged during the night, it will be empty in the morning!
The menu bar always have an icon that I think it represents lack of mobile network available (no wonder, as you know, it has no 2G/3G hardware). Also, in the unlocking screen (when you want to wake it up and scroll to unlock), it also says "no service", on the left (just on above the hours). When I check the battery use option in the settings, I have a usage of 74% of cell standby --> time without a signal = 100%. WIFI has a usage of 11%. What is your experience with yours?

How about sound? What is your experience with the microphone? Have anyone tried any instant messaging application with real-time talk?
And finally, how about flash? Did anyone succeeded installing any flash plugin for the browser?

Thank you and good luck!
Jabss

Sent from my Android MID using Android Tablet Forum App

Last edited:

jabss

Dec 25, 2010
Hello,

Any news on the fw?

Cheers,
Jabss

Sent from my Android MID using Android Tablet Forum App

micha3lall3n

Jan 20, 2011
I have the origional Imito im7s firmware... flashed dawa and surfer both made screen go black so this is my present for anyone who didnt have a backup........
IMITO_IM7S_BY_MICHA3LALL3N.rar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

And you can easily root this device with "z4root apk" search on 4shared.com and there ya go
If ya like this post please thank :)

If link ends up getting closed or you have problems downloading email me at [email protected] and i will send firmware or z4root app via email

-MICHA3LALL3N-

burrito

Jan 19, 2011
micha3lall3n, how did you make your backup?

I have an iMito iM7 purchased from lightinthebox. I rooted, installed clockwork rom manager, and flashed recovery. However, I can't get into recovery mode for a nand backup. Used Augen, dawa and several other recovery images (including from your backup), but when when ever I reboot to recovery the splash screen flashes and then the screen goes black.

Utlimately, I want to make the backup so that I can try the Dawa and surfer roms to get my market working....

micha3lall3n

Jan 20, 2011
i used better android terminal emulator you can get it off 4shared.com typed the code
"su" then enter then typed

cat /dev/mtd/mtd1 > /sdcard/boot.img
cat /dev/mtd/mtd2 > /sdcard/system.img
cat /dev/mtd/mtd7 > /sdcard/recovery.img

the backup will be on ur sd card... must have root to be able to do this

micha3lall3n

Jan 20, 2011
also i have the custom recovery on mine too sofar this was the only way i was able to do a backup cause adb would not pick up on my computer so i decided instead of sitting there for hours trying to get something that wasnt going to work to work i chose the less stressful easy way :)

micha3lall3n

Jan 20, 2011
for market fix theres always alternatives like "applanet" wich last time i checked was temp down... another one was "apktor"... also on 4shared.com theres plenty of android markets u can choose just have to dig alittle

EastCoastKat

Jan 8, 2011
The Android Market worked once for me, now it keeps saying connection failed?? So I'm not sure what happened. But I use this one AppBrain Android Market - Download the best Android Apps and Games Lots of free apps and you can sync your apps to your account, it keeps track of all your downloads and even updates. I like it but since I haven't had a chance to really use the Android Market, I don't know what I'm missing, LOL! I haven't tried the factory reset, that seems to have worked for a few people, why would they put the factory reset inside the tablet and not have one accessible on the exterior? Crazy!