[ROM] M701 avaliable from Haipad (20110111 HY)

mELIANTE

Dec 1, 2010
Edited 1st post title to reflect that this firmware is only for new HY models, apparently.

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
and what exactly is wrong for you about #142 or #181?
even the 2.2 release is not so bad if you can go without google apps.

//EDIT: thanks for editing the 1st post mELIANTE

SilentKnight

Sep 24, 2010
It is for the 4gb models, I have installed it on mine, however I do not see any improvement in free space, before the update I jotted down some numbers and I had 47mb free of ram, as a matter of fact the free ram has decreased to 3. I would think that after a fresh flash, more ram would be available.

It is firmware #186

Dec 30, 2010
Thanks Loonix, now I know that, like I said, baby, new blanket, wasn't too interested in reading too much, just downloading and jumping into the abyss, which now to my displeasure means yet again I am re-updating my pad with the old firmware. Just curious anyone know where I can get the latest update in 2.1 mould because my update was of a version listed as 0919 once downloaded.

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
Sorry, i got a bit of a 'bad hair day' myself today reading through instructions and manuals and scematics...

HERE is the #181 i use at the moment. I think after i flashed it i rooted it, moded it so i can use skype and removed the stupid crashing eoemarket and Google Maps so that i can install the current version (streetview crashes). Also i installed 'Adanced Task Killer'
Maybe doing so will give you the same fondnes of the tablet as i have.

@SilentKnight i think in the google translation was something about the pad getting more free memory after 'a few reboots' can it be that the memorymanager actualy trains itself?

Dec 30, 2010
Hopefully I will gain this fondness too. I do love this little pad but you know that when some update is there frenzied download behaviour sets in, there is always a hope it is going to be the released firmware we are all waiting for.

SilentKnight

Sep 24, 2010
Thanks Loonix, you are right. I reinstalled my apps and rebooted a few times and now it shows 54mb free., which is now better than before at 47mb, so we will see.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Hey, can someone check the actual available memory either via ASI or via 'free via CLI?

It looks like they did a minfree tweak here, would be quite idiotic. Having free memory in Android is akin to having unused memory = bad idea.

SilentKnight

Sep 24, 2010
Here is what I have for free, after the update.
free
total used free shared buffers
Mem: 147264 142556 4708 0 7188
Swap: 0 0 0
Total: 147264 142556 4708

SilentKnight

Sep 24, 2010
I do not see any noticeable changes or improvements, the ram is just fluctuating as expected, no more free than before.

The internal memory has changed from "Free 138" to Free 165" .. but I don't know if this is the change described on the website or not.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
The 'free' command is how much RAM is actually available for userspace applications. Your output of 'free' basically tells us that Haipad didn't really do anything of significance here.

What is the output of 'cat /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree'?

SilentKnight

Sep 24, 2010
# cat /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree
cat /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree
#

mELIANTE

Dec 1, 2010
They added information to their firmware link. Now it states HY. They are learning no inform people :)

Dec 30, 2010
Does anyone know how different this 4gb HY version is because surely if they have a working version of this pad they surely should be able to tweak a few drivers here and there and we have a working version for the older 2GB version??? Is this too much to ask for or maybe just too difficult? I am just a android (linux) noob so I am not sure of the process that is involved with this changing of drivers. I know it is not like Microsoft but surely if haipad already have the linux/android drivers it surely shouldn't be difficult at all. They are not re-inventing the wheel, they already have the tools to produce a working version but obviously new technology comes and they forget about there old girls and boys. I am ashamed to say it but if this is the case then maybe Microsoft products are great because at least they don't forget about us old users.:mad:

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
I belive it should be a minimal change in the rom.
As far as i read the only difference between the pads is a different NAND flash chip with a different layout.
But i am not shure and a noob myself.