ROM Manager and CM7 - Stable and Available

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Ok, yesterday everything was working fine. Today, I decided to shutdown the tablet instead of sleep and took it with me to a clients. Started it up and it won't get past the cyanogen flash screen.

Give it a min or two.. mine's had a few long bootups.. it'll come around...

rgc6789

Apr 8, 2011
hmm---have you gotten it to boot past it yet? I know that occasionally this can take 5 mins on a reboot after a flash, is this the FIRST time since the flash?

No, I've rebooted a couple of times. I gave it about 15 minutes and it didn't boot. I'm wondering it Titanium backup, when I did the restore, overwrote something. I was wondering about the instructions I read about restoring - I think the option was Backup User and system data. I restored everything, but I'm not sure I rebooted since the restore.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
hmm....I guess at this point I would try and start over, being sure to not only wipe user and cache, but go into Advanced settings and wipe the Dalvik cache as well.

Pyro6128

Dec 11, 2010
How are you guys finding video playback?! I loved Cyanogenmod on my Nook, but I'm leaving the country for a week and need video playback for the plane

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
How are you guys finding video playback?! I loved Cyanogenmod on my Nook, but I'm leaving the country for a week and need video playback for the plane

Nice and smooth for me after installing the 10.2 release from the market

mandroid

Sep 9, 2010
The Rom is super quick but my quadrant scores were only in the 1800's, I have also had quite a few FC with YouTube, Gmail and even Android tablets .net app... I put TNT back on for now maybe try again this weekend....

bdipert

Mar 13, 2011
Folks, apologies in advance for what is going to likely be an elementary set of questions. I'm Brian Dipert, Senior Technical Editor at EDN magazine, an electronics journal. I hacked (and wrote up) the B&N NOOKcolor a few weeks ago in what turned out to be a pretty popular series of posts:
Barnes & Noble's NOOKColor: A 7" Widescreen Android Tablet For $250 Or Under - Brian's Brain | Blog on EDN

The Rooted Barnes & Noble NOOKcolor: Contacts Are A (Workaround-Amenable) Bother - Brian's Brain | Blog on EDN

Today's project is the Viewsonic G Tablet ;-), subsequent to the recent announcement of CyanogenMod 7's release (which I'd been waiting on). So far, following the instructions on the Wiki and elsewhere, I've succeeded in getting ClockworkMod (specifically ClockworkMod_Gtab_v08.zip) on the device. And I'm using a Sandisk 16GByte Class 4 microSD card in the external storage slot, which is 'seen' fine by Android in ES File Explorer. But at this point, I'm stuck:
1) I did a backup, per the Wiki instructions, realizing afterward that it went to the internal SD card storage, because
2) I put the CyanogenMod 7 and Google Apps ZIP files in the root of the Sandisk microSD card, but I can't get ClockworkMod to 'see' the card, therefore its contents. Attempts to mount SD-Ext are unsuccessful, for example
3) And since I don't have the Android Market available via the stock G Tablet O/S and apps build, I'm unsure of how to alternatively get ROMManager on the tablet to do the O/S and apps update that way

Again, my apologies for what are likely basic queries. Patient, helpful responses are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Brian Dipert
Senior Technical Editor
EDN Magazine

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I am not sure why you don't have a working market, it is supported on gtab if you have the stock ROM. Please perform the factory updates first.

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

rgc6789

Apr 8, 2011
After reloading the rom afew days ago, everything is working great now. Very good battery life. Reading ebooks using the nook app on the plane was excellent. Had screen at 25% and wifi off and afetr 6 hours of reading still was at 51% battery. That was slightly better then i expected.

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

Landshark

Mar 30, 2011

not too good - looks like frames are missing (slightly choppy). i tried two different vid players, and same result.

this was my first ROM, so i may try TNT Lite or Vegan ....

rgc6789

Apr 8, 2011
not too good - looks like frames are missing (slightly choppy). i tried two different vid players, and same result.

this was my first ROM, so i may try TNT Lite or Vegan ....

Hmmm, video playback for me has been excellent. Ive tried 3 different viewers for different codecs but all worked fine.

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
i watched three different movies with QQplayer and Summer Player, and all were the same.

HMMM.. probably a silly question but have you tried clearing some of the background opps with a mem manager to see if freeing up some mem helps resolves it?...