[ROM] Norwegian 2.2.2 S7V100R001C57B111

chan2011

May 3, 2011
Out of interest if you put the dload folder on your SD card and power up normally the whole process will run through to completion (the fresh screen configuration request) without touching anything and no battery removal.
It will boot twice on it's own and after the second time give OK update completed.
Remove the SD card and power off and then on for the final boot.
Well it did for me and I was quite surprised!

Flashed 6 hours ago and no issues at all.
It's running very sweet!!!!!!

S7V100R001C57B111

I flashed my Telstra TTT (the Australian version of the S7) last night with the Norwegian firmware and my experience was different from yours. I did it with a blank 1G SD card with just the dload folder. The process wasn't as easy as you described but went more like that described for the Indonesian firmware, i.e. got the progress bar which got to OK, at which point the only way to switch off was to remove the battery. Repeated the process as suggested in the Indonesian thread, and eventually did get 2.2 running.

The device has been operating ok, not significantly quicker or slower than before, and GPS fix took as long/short (minute or so inside house).

One problem I got today though: I used it to browse the internet while on the bus to work, and shut it down before I got off the bus. What happened was however that the device automatically powered on again after shut down (i.e. went through the IDEOS logo thing), and I had to repeat the shut down process three times before it stopped restarting.

Does anyone else get the same problem?

Further update: just found another surprise, this time a really nice one! The S7 sold by Telstra in Australia is locked to the Telstra network, and mine is no exception. Telstra charges A$100 to unlock the tablet. I just found that the Norwegian firmware has unlocked the tablet for me! Perhaps it is not really unlocking the tablet, but that the firmware is not checking the lock for any of its functions. But the effect is the same.

I am happy!

Last edited:

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
I flashed my Telstra TTT (the Australian version of the S7) last night with the Norwegian firmware and my experience was different from yours. I did it with a blank 1G SD card with just the dload folder. The process wasn't as easy as you described but went more like that described for the Indonesian firmware, i.e. got the progress bar which got to OK, at which point the only way to switch off was to remove the battery. Repeated the process as suggested in the Indonesian thread, and eventually did get 2.2 running.

The device has been operating ok, not significantly quicker or slower than before, and GPS fix took as long/short (minute or so inside house).

One problem I got today though: I used it to browse the internet while on the bus to work, and shut it down before I got off the bus. What happened was however that the device automatically powered on again after shut down (i.e. went through the IDEOS logo thing), and I had to repeat the shut down process three times before it stopped restarting.

Does anyone else get the same problem?

Further update: just found another surprise, this time a really nice one! The S7 sold by Telstra in Australia is locked to the Telstra network, and mine is no exception. Telstra charges A$100 to unlock the tablet. I just found that the Norwegian firmware has unlocked the tablet for me! Perhaps it is not really unlocking the tablet, but that the firmware is not checking the lock for any of its functions. But the effect is the same.

I am happy!
I'm going to to do a fresh flash tomorrow to check the process and will report back.
I'm still running without any issues.
Onlock is a real bonus :rolleyes:cool:

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
Results of fresh flash-

Fresh download
Fresh flash
dload folder in root of SD card
Device off and no power cable
Insert SD card and power on
Flash to OK
Hit power button
Flashes second time
Flash to OK
Remove Sd card
Hit power button
Boots to OS and screen calibration screen
Needs rooting again
Max 5 mins

Last edited:

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
i made a customized clockwork version... no need for updata.app just flash with clockwork. link in my sig.
For some reason CW refuses to work on my device.
It won't do a backup and won't go into recovery mode either.
All I get is a fresh ROM flash no matter what keys I press.
Maybe I have a bad recovery flashed so fastboot would fix this!
But it flashes OK from SD card dload method!!!!???

chan2011

May 3, 2011
Results of fresh flash-

Fresh download
Fresh flash
dload folder in root of SD card
Device off and no power cable
Insert SD card and power on
Flash to OK
Hit power button
Flashes second time
Flash to OK
Remove Sd card
Hit power button
Boots to OS and screen calibration screen
Needs rooting again
Max 5 mins

Don't know why my experience was different. Anyway it doesn't matter now as I do get froyo. One theory my wife puts it to is that you had the Indo 2.2 on the S7, which changed the behavior when it sees dload.

By the way I think I've found the cause of my shutdown problem : it looks like my S7-2.2 has difficulty shutting down Widgets, including the clock/weather one that came with the Norwegian rom. The 3g watchdog widget would cause the same to happen. Once I stop all Widgets I can shutdown with no reboots. At least for the few times today...

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

thek135

Apr 19, 2011
Install went fine on my Telstra S7, SOC rooted fine, restored all my apps and data with Titanium Backup an- HOLY CRAP WAS THAT NOISE MY LAPTOP'S HARD DRIVE???
Seriously, it just made the most horrific noise...
Anyway, GPS works, radio works, both cameras work, battery life while sleeping is also excellent, nothing so far I've found bad about this ROM so far, will keep you posted.

ngotkula

Dec 9, 2010
diffrences between this and S7V100R001C57B112?

thanks
nevermind, i think i found the answer. it's SDCARD mounting issue:
in S7V100R001C57B111, when SDCARD is mounted (i.e. after it's been removed from PC as storage), the whole S7 system re-initializes.
in S7V100R001C57B112, the above issue no longer persists =)

duythienminh

Aug 1, 2011
I worked good for me until now but i can use gsp on this rom,it unlocked sim on my telstra t touch but i don't know how to flash clockwork recover,is it a back up my operation?and which one is suitable and how i can do it,thanks in advance .

dhaxz

Nov 8, 2011
How To Connect Internet Connect?

Access Point Settings?

Please Guide Me Or Procedure.........

How To?????
:confused:

Last edited: