[RECOVERY] Recovery Huawei S7 2.2.2 CM v2.5.1.8

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
If I install recovery, will I still be able to flash the stock rom's, using the sdcard "dload" method??
No collateral effects??

yes, dload method will work, it is higher level flashing because it will flash baseband/fastboot/boot/system/recovery etc.

dnawin

Aug 26, 2011
Hi, I just a newbie on this forums & this S7 gadget. I have some problem when I want to make 2 partition in my S7-105 internal memory using Minitools partition wizard, I have deleted the 7.59GB and make 2 partition which is 1st-5750mb & 2nd-1800mb, but after apply and disconnect from USB it become unreadable from the the Ideos system (no internal storage present), but in my PC was detected (but cannot do nothing). My question is : is there any way how to recover this problem and make my internal storage back as oroginal ?
For any suggestion and oppinion from all the master and friend here...I really appreciated it, thank you.

Jota

May 25, 2011
I guess you are on a 2.2 Rom, right?
If this is the case, try to flash a stock 2.1 rom, and probably :) you will have back the access to internal sdcard.

dnawin

Aug 26, 2011
Hi Jota....yes I use rom 2.2 but want to make upgrade into rom 2.2 slim version from tri_zet, unfortunately it failed. I tried to download the 2.1 stock rom but it still on the way. Perhaps it will restore all my internal memory, thank you for your concern brother

dnawin

Aug 26, 2011
Can someone help me to guide when I need to restore my S7-105 into ROM 2.1 ??? I really don't know how to start although I have Singapore ROM stock (2.1)...what should I do first in order to waive any mis-handling to my S7, your valued time and instructions will be much appreciated. Thank you in advance

Jota

May 25, 2011
It is not difficult!
If you have already flashed your S7 with the stock 2.2 rom, it is the same process for 2.1 (put dload folder on external sdcard, etc.), you only need to get/download the appropriate rom version for your country - but sorry, I don't know where you can download the older rom's, shamefully Huawei change his site and all the links don't work anymore! Help someone??

dnawin

Aug 26, 2011
Hi Jota...it was not original firmware stock for 2.1 that I've download yesterday. There is no dload folder inside the zip file and I think it really difficult to get the original rom 2.1 in the official site....is someone have private rom collection for 2.1 ??? Is much be better if you can share with me by sending it via email or upload into somewhere I can download from ??? I don't mind if you ask me to pay for that stock ROM, thank you once again, I really need my missing internal storage in this case.

billss

Aug 2, 2011
Working ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.1.8 for 2.2.2:

Hi, could you gracefully upgrade this to support touchscreen as well as joystick?
I've got S7 Slim, and this doesn't have the joystick, so I tried yours but couldn't select the menu...
Thanks anyway!

dnawin

Aug 26, 2011
It is not difficult!
If you have already flashed your S7 with the stock 2.2 rom, it is the same process for 2.1 (put dload folder on external sdcard, etc.), you only need to get/download the appropriate rom version for your country - but sorry, I don't know where you can download the older rom's, shamefully Huawei change his site and all the links don't work anymore! Help someone??

@Jota....thank you for your kind assistance and attention of my problem...finally I got my internal storage back by unknow stock rom 2.1 which is cannot support touch screen LCD and I flash back into Russian stock rom 2.2 after that....now my tablet S7 is back to rock n roll. I use the trizet modified room for S7 Slim and its was so pretty in the home screen...only the front camera still not working, is that front camera only working with chatting applications...???

Jota

May 25, 2011
Glad it worked!
For the camera, I guess it depends on your S7 version... try the new Tri_zet rom, maybe works!

znelbok

Dec 20, 2011
Hi Guys

I just flashed the Indo ROM and then applied this recovery image (Following instructions)

Couple of questions

What is this for, whats its main purpose, why was I instructed to install it?

When I boot into the recovery menu's, what am I supposed to do?

Can we have the firt post updates with some instructions or a link to a thread on how to use it. Being a newbie, it was a little difficult to follow the many threads just to work out what I did, and I am still left with questions.

Otherwise, it went fine on my tablet which is a Telstra version.

Thanks

Mick

zhongshanlaoba

Apr 9, 2012
不懂英文好辛苦啊!!!!!!!!!!!