[RECOVERY] Recovery Huawei S7 2.2.2 CM v2.5.1.8

rkarsk

May 17, 2011
SEE TWO POSTS DOWN FOR SOLUTION

I'm having an issue I can't get past..

I've got the Indonesian 2.2.2 rom on my Australian (Telstra) device (2 cameras, resistive)

I just bought this, so I essentially went... 2.1 > indo 2.2 > install drivers > root > and now CWM but....

Trying to install this, but get the following error:

6AaWZ.png

As you see it says FAILED <data transfer failure <too many open files in system>>

I cannot figure out a way to get around this. Using the easy windows install script. Please help!!

Last edited:

rkarsk

May 17, 2011
Downgraded to 2.1 and tried the same with 2.1 img. Exact same error. Someone please help :/

rkarsk

May 17, 2011
OK, so I figured it out.

The drivers weren't installing properly on either of my windows 7/intel core 2 duo systems. So, I hooked the tablet up to me Windows 2000 torrent box, and the huawei drivers installed fine.

I was able to root through that computer, but as seen above I was unable to flash CWM.

So, after more tinkering, I became dedicated to fixing the drivers on my Windows 7 computers.

I copied the driver info from my Win2000 box, and then plugged the tablet into my Win7 PC.

Instead of using the 'update driver option' by pointing the computer to a specific location (where the huawei drivers were), I selected 'have disk', and then did that.
The drivers for 'Win7&XP' were still not working, so I decided screw it, and pointed the computer to the 'Win7-AMD' drivers using the have disk option. I specified the correct INF (as seen in driver details from the Win2000 box), and to my surprise it installed correctly!

I then enabled USB debugging, and followed the exact same process; pointing my computer to the Windows 7-AMD drivers as opposed to the Win7&XP drivers, even though I have an intel CPU. It worked.

I then flashed CWM onto my Tablet with the stock 2.1 rom. I'm now upgrading to indonesian 2.2 and will flash the appropriate 2.2 version of CWM, which i'm sure will work.

Hope this helps someone out there!

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
Recovery installs well for me and everything seems fine until I try and do a Nandroid backup. I have the 2.2 Norwegian ROM with CWW and S7 Slim ROM installed. I do the magic key press to go into recovery. I select Backup. It then complains about not being able to mount /data. So I reboot the phone and it all looks ok and starts fine. Than I reboot again and it gets stuck in Fastboot Recovery with the Black Screen. It will not get past that screen. I can press "Home and Back" to reboot, but it just boots back to Fastboot Recovery. Any ideas ?

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
Still got the problem that recovery breaks after I do a backup. The tablet will no longer boot in Clockwork Recovery after I try to do a backup.

Does someone know how Clockwork Recovery determines where /data should be mounted?

I found out I can reflash Clockwork Recovery and then the tablet is not bricked, but it would be nice to be able to do a backup without breaking recovery.

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
Thanks pa49. I was running xaueious's script and assumed it was 2.2. All works well now. I can do Nandroid backups :)

ngotkula

Dec 9, 2010
Thanks for this...

however, how would I set it to pull or push backup from external SD card?

i'm on S7-105 (8gb internal, 1sd-slot)

reason is i want to keep my backup in PC

thanks

Jota

May 25, 2011
Hello!

Can anyone post the instructions to install this recovery using adb on Linux??
(I have adblinux already setup, and root access to S7)

I only find a executable for Windows, but I don't have any Windows machine! :-(

Thanks!

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
Thanks for this...

however, how would I set it to pull or push backup from external SD card?

i'm on S7-105 (8gb internal, 1sd-slot)

reason is i want to keep my backup in PC

thanks

you can "mount" your sd card to PC, and copy backup files to your PC.

backup files store in : internal sd card/clockwork/backup

i keep all my backup in PC, and leave only 1 backup files on tablet.

Hello!

Can anyone post the instructions to install this recovery using adb on Linux??
(I have adblinux already setup, and root access to S7)

I only find a executable for Windows, but I don't have any Windows machine! :-(

Thanks!

you need fastboot binary, not ADB.

once you have fastboot set up on your linux, reboot tablet to fastboot (hold volume up + power), the flash using same command
$ fastboot flash recovery your_recovery_file_name.img

Jota

May 25, 2011
If I install recovery, will I still be able to flash the stock rom's, using the sdcard "dload" method??
No collateral effects??