[ROM] Ployer/Generic 7" A13 [ Android 4.0.4 Hyper Edition ]

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Hi !
i have an A13 tablet 7" 512 RAM, 4 GO FLASH, 1,2 Ghz, 5 PT capacitive screen, and i want to upgrade it to Android ICS 4.0.4 or Android JB 4.1 :p
Now i'm with android 4.0.3...

Ideas ?
Thanks !

Try the firmware on this thread if its a momo9-III or clone or oem of the A13, if livesuit offers the upgrade when you attempt it then theres a 90% chance the rom will work for you, however as stated in the first post this is a rom that you use at your own risk.

mrspock

Jul 29, 2012
Try the firmware on this thread if its a momo9-III or clone or oem of the A13, if livesuit offers the upgrade when you attempt it then theres a 90% chance the rom will work for you, however as stated in the first post this is a rom that you use at your own risk.

thanks for this fast anwser. No i don't want the firmware boost (malu-400), but the official / Stable v4.0.4 android version.
I say "stable" because on youtube i have seen a lot of video (test, review) with the 4.0.4 android version...
Regards

FaceTheSlayer

Jul 26, 2012
I just flashed your firmware successfully, but unfortunately touch screen is not working so could not test it at all :(. My tablet looks exactly as that on a picture that mrspock posted so I guess it will not work for him either. I flashed then an image that kmr1962 posted on this thread and everything is OK, I think that is the same firmware that I originally had on my tablet.
I guess drivers for touch screen are not the same for this device and for momo9.

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Run lsmod to see your screen you could then simply drop a driver in for your screen, but the topic of this thread is clearly Momo9, if your trying it with other devices you doso at your own risk, the image is not locked simply unpack it and do as you wish with it including adding drivers, modifying anything at all really as long as you keep within the GNU license.

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
This rom is quite stable I assure you, I'll post a video later showing just how responsive the screen is and how great the rom is but right now I'm working on a 4.1 rom as 4.0 is already a dying product.

FaceTheSlayer

Jul 26, 2012
I completely understand risks of flashing firmware and I would not complain here or anywhere else even if I bricked my device :D. I have no idea how to mod a rom or add a driver but I will try to learn more and maybe even try to add a driver for touchscreen.

mrspock

Jul 29, 2012
This rom is quite stable I assure you, I'll post a video later showing just how responsive the screen is and how great the rom is but right now I'm working on a 4.1 rom as 4.0 is already a dying product.

ok, i'm impatient to see the video testing ! before installing this rom, i prefer stand a lot of time for delete bugs and so on, I do not want to be your guinea pig :D

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
I completely understand risks of flashing firmware and I would not complain here or anywhere else even if I bricked my device :D. I have no idea how to mod a rom or add a driver but I will try to learn more and maybe even try to add a driver for touchscreen.

In adb or terminal emulator can you run lsmod command for me and paste results so we can see your screens real type.

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
ok, i'm impatient to see the video testing ! before installing this rom, i prefer stand a lot of time for delete bugs and so on, I do not want to be your guinea pig :D

Good stuff, I suggest getting a good tablet if your really worried these A13's are getting cheaper as the days go on, last I seen was a stockpile of A13 in a crate of 40 for $34.99 a tablet if you buy all 40 :)

I'm working on Jelly Bean so you will probably wait quite a long time before I post anything realitive to ICS as only minor releases will come to ICS from google now, and the mature OS will be 4.2/4.3 for tested and tried stablity, I suggest for a cheaper tablet that can do decent is the Novo ELF 2 its a dual core amlogic and has about 5900-6100 rating compared to the A13 at 1970-2300.

Judging from the tablet you linked to me you could have paid a few bucks more and got a superior china tablet!

Now if the A13 is your device for now and your not going to be changing out anytime soon, then latency,lag,delays and over-all instablity comes with new chipsets like the Sun5i and you will simply have to wait for someone aside from allwinner to produce some better support for the access calls as the processor is like a Celeron vs an 3500K until we get more Sun5i details these tablets will remain issue tablets.

In saying all that Ive done my best efforts to boost and increase my little momo9 and it ran fine on this ICS rom, if you dont want to test it then simply dont post about it, follow the forum guidelines and stop trolling.

mrspock

Jul 29, 2012
yeah, i know ! But there is an official firmware 4.0.4 version for this tablet, why it's impossible to me to found it ?

FaceTheSlayer

Jul 26, 2012
In adb or terminal emulator can you run lsmod command for me and paste results so we can see your screens real type.
When I run ismod command in terminal emulator or adb it says "not found". Is this the right command? Do I have to install some software, I have busybox installed already..